Westpac Scholars at a W100 Network event in NSW
18 January 2018
In 2014, Westpac Bicentennial Foundation started as an idea – a $100 million gift to the nation from Westpac to fund 100 scholarships a year, forever.
Today, the foundation has welcomed more than 300 Westpac Scholars who are tomorrow’s leaders, thinkers, innovators and pioneers. We’re proud to share with you our first Impact Report that outlines the progress we’re making:
- Scholarships that shape futures
- Leaders that create a better tomorrow
- Collaboration that drives change
Attract and invest in outstanding people to find new and better ways to contribute to Australia’s progress across technology, social issues and our engagement with Asia.
- 100 scholarships awarded across five scholarship categories
- $3.9M awarded in scholarships
- 18 University partners
- 90% of scholars are more confident in their ability to contribute to the prosperity of Australia since becoming a Westpac Scholar.
Westpac Scholars are people like Associate Professor Liz New who is researching fluorescent sensors to help remote communities to instantly check the safety of their drinking water, or Jeremy Forbes who is bridging the gap between tradies in need and suicide support services whose TED Talk has now been viewed more than a million times.
To find out more about scholars like Liz and Jeremy as well as more impact stories, read our 2018 Impact Report.
For more information on the Westpac Scholars program, visit www.westpac.com.au/scholarships