Westpac Scholars at a W100 Network event in NSW
18 January 2018
In 2014, Westpac Bicentennial Foundation started as an idea – a $100 million gift to the nation from Westpac to fund 100 scholarships a year, forever.
Today, the foundation has welcomed more than 300 Westpac Scholars who are tomorrow’s leaders, thinkers, innovators and pioneers. We’re proud to share with you our first Impact Report that outlines the progress we’re making:
- Scholarships that shape futures
- Leaders that create a better tomorrow
- Collaboration that drives change
Help Westpac Scholars to be world class leaders equipped with the skills and networks they need to reach their full potential.
- $332,000 invested in bespoke leadership development opportunities
- 57 speaker opportunities facilitated
- 94% of Westpac Scholars have had access to opportunities they wouldn’t otherwise have had.
Create opportunities for collaboration and networking to encourage bold innovation and inspire the future generation of leaders.
- 85% of Westpac Scholars agree they have access to networks that are valuable to their career ambitions
- 65% of Future Leaders, 86% of Research Fellows and 64% of Social Change Fellows have mentored another Westpac Scholar in the last 12 months.
Westpac Scholars are people like Associate Professor Liz New who is researching fluorescent sensors to help remote communities to instantly check the safety of their drinking water, or Jeremy Forbes who is bridging the gap between tradies in need and suicide support services whose TED Talk has now been viewed more than a million times.
To find out more about scholars like Liz and Jeremy as well as more impact stories, read our 2018 Impact Report.
For more information on the Westpac Scholars program, visit www.westpac.com.au/scholarships