31 Jan 2019
Westpac Foundation’s mission is to help change 100,000 lives for the better in Australia by 2030.
Chem works for Jigsaw, a social enterprise that provides employment, work experience and skills development to people living with a disability. Jigsaw employees, like Chem, work with corporate and government clients to digitise their paper records. Watch Chem’s story below:
Here’s a look at the foundation’s approach and some of the highlights from 2018:
- Investing for job creation
- Programs to drive impact
- Helping local communities
- Collaborating for change
A range of programs to help build the capacity of the organisations that we support.
- 545 Westpac employees volunteered their time and skills
- 12,790 skilled volunteering hours
- 200 organisations supported
- 93% of our community partners said the support helped them to be more effective
Support for small not-for-profits that are making a difference in local communities all around Australia.
- 200 Community Grants of $10,000 each awarded $2.1M^ grants paid
- 30,000 people estimated to be supported in the community as a result of the 200 grants
- 81% of applications received were nominated by a Westpac Group employee
By measuring our impact, sharing our learnings and building partnerships with businesses, government and the social sector we can create greater impact, together.
Over the years, we have formed strong connections with a wide range of organisations to deepen the support we can offer the social enterprises and community organisations we work with.
This is the newest pillar of our 10 year strategy, recognising the power of collaboration to help change lives for the better.