How do I set up a PayID®?
Personal customers can register a mobile number as a PayID and sole traders and company owners can use the ABN on your Westpac profile. To set up a PayID and link it to one of your eligible accounts, you’ll need to be registered for Westpac Protect™ SMS Code as your Security device.
In the Westpac App
Before trying these instructions make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
- Search PayID in the Smart Search bar
- Tap PayID settings then Register now and follow the prompts.
In Online Banking
- In order to link your eligible account to PayID go to Service > Services > Account Services > PayID/Pay to Mobile > Register now
- Go to Service > Services > Account Services > PayID settings > Create new PayID.
If you're the Administrator of a Business Network, you'll need to give Users access to create a PayID.
- Go to Administration > User administration
- Select the person you want to give access to
- In Other Permissions, select Manage PayIDs
- Then scroll down to Save.
- Once the User has created the ABN PayID, it will need to be approved by the Administrator before the PayID is able to be used
- Go to Approvals > Other Tasks and approve the request.
The Administrator can change the number of approvals required to create a PayID:
- Go to Administration > Features and approvals
- In the Accounts section, ensure the Manage PayIDs option is ticked
- Select the number of approvals required to complete updates and select Save.
A PayID can only be linked to one eligible account at a time so select the one that best suits your needs.
If you’ve registered your mobile number or ABN as a PayID at another bank, you can arrange to have it transferred to Westpac. You'll need to call the other bank to initiate a transfer. For more details refer to How do I move my PayID to another bank?
Learn more about the New Payments Platform, Osko and PayID.