How do I create a PayID?
In the Westpac App
Before trying these instructions make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
- Search PayID in the Smart Search bar
- Tap Register now
- Select account to receive payments
- Tap Confirm
In Online Banking
Go to Service > Services > Account Services > PayID/Pay to Mobile
Go to Service > Services > Account Services > PayID settings > Create new PayID.
You can do this using the ABN on your Westpac profile. You need to be registered for Westpac Protect™ SMS Code or a token and have an eligible account.
If you're the Administrator of a Business Network, you'll need to give Users access to create a PayID.
- Go to Administration > User administration
- Select the Users you want to give access (The User must be identified by Westpac and be registered for a security device in order to be able to register and manage PayIDs)
- In the Other Permissions section, select Manage PayIDs for the user
- Scroll to the bottom and select Save
- Once the User has created the ABN PayID, it will need to be approved by the Administrator/s before the PayID is able to be used
- Go to the Approvals section, then select Other Tasks
The Administrator can change the number of approvals required to create a PayID:
- Go to Administration > Features and approvals
- In the Accounts section, ensure the Manage PayIDs option is ticked
- Select the number of approvals required to complete updates and select Save
A PayID can only be linked to one eligible account at a time so select the one that best suits your needs.
If you’ve registered your mobile number or ABN as a PayID at another bank, you can arrange to have it transferred to Westpac. You'll need to call the other bank to initiate a transfer. For more details refer to I've registered my PayID, but I want to use it at another bank, what do I do?
Learn more about the New Payments Platform, Osko and PayID.