How do I create a PayID?
You can create a PayID in Online Banking or the Westpac App.
You need to be registered for Westpac Protect™ SMS Code and have an eligible Osko account.
- Westpac App - search PayID in the Smart Search bar.
- Online Banking - go to Service > Preferences > Account Services > PayID/Pay to Mobile.
How do I create a PayID as a Business customer?
You can do this using the ABN on your Westpac profile. You need to be registered for Westpac Protect™ SMS Code or a token and have an eligible account.
- Online Banking - go to Service > Account Services > PayID settings > Create new PayID.
- Westpac App - search PayID in the Smart Search bar and follow the prompts.
If you're the Administrator of a Business Network, you'll need to give Users access to create a PayID. To do this, go to Administration > User administration and select the Users you want to give access.
- Go to Administration > User administration. Select the user that requires the ability to manage PayIDs on behalf of the business network. (The User must be identified by Westpac and be registered for a security device in order to be able to register and manage PayIDs)
- In the Other Permissions section, select Manage PayIDs for the user and then scroll to the bottom and select ‘Save’.
- Once the User has created the ABN PayID, it will need to be approved by the Administrator/s before the PayID is able to be used. To approve a PayID created by a User, the Administrator needs to go to their Approvals section, then select Other Tasks.
The Administrator can change the number of approvals required to create a PayID:
Westpac Online Banking (Desktop), access Administration > Features and approvals. In the Accounts section, ensure the ‘Manage PayIDs’ option is ticked, select the number of approvals required to complete updates and select ‘Save’.
A PayID can only be linked to one eligible account at a time so select the one that best suits your needs.
If you’ve registered your mobile number or ABN as a PayID at another bank, you can arrange to have it transferred to Westpac. You'll need to call the other bank to initiate a transfer. For more details refer to I've registered my PayID, but I want to use it at another bank, what do I do?