What is an IBAN number?
IBAN (International Bank Account Number) is only used for:
- Euro currency payments to Europe and the UK
- Payments in any currency to Lebanon and Kuwait.
You don't need an IBAN to transfer money to a Westpac account by telegraphic transfer, as IBANs aren't used in Australia.
If you're transferring money to a Westpac account from overseas by telegraphic transfer, you need to provide:
- Your combined Westpac BSB and account number (in place of an IBAN number), and
- The SWIFT code for Westpac, WPACAU2S, which is a globally recognised identifying code of 8-11 characters.
Keen to learn more?
- Visit westpac.com.au
- If you're in Australia, call 132 032 (8am to 8pm 7 days)
- If you're overseas, dial +61 2 9293 9270 (24 hours).