How do I close my credit card?
In the Westpac App
Before trying these instructions make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
- Tap the account you want to close
- Tap the information icon (i) in the top right of the screen
- Tap Close account
In Online Banking
- Go to Service > Services > Account services
- Select Close an account
- Select the credit card you want to close and follow the prompts
- Remember to cancel any recurring payments or direct debits charged to the card.
- You’ll receive a statement every month until your balance is paid in full.
If you have a positive balance, request to close your credit card account in branch or by calling 1300 651 089. Your refund will take into account any accrued interest, fees, outstanding authorised transactions and charges.