My device has been lost or stolen. How can I keep my card safe in Apple Pay?
If your device has been lost or stolen, you can prevent unauthorised payments being made with your card on Apple Pay by:
- Remotely locking your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch using the Find My app service to mark as lost. The ability to make payments on the device is suspended when it is put in Lost Mode
- Permanently erasing all the data on your iPhone or iPad using the Find My app service. All your card information will be deleted from the device
- Placing a temporary block on your physical card via Westpac Online Banking
- Signing in to Online Banking and self-serving to report your card lost or stolen
- Contacting Customer Care to report your physical card lost or stolen
- Report your card as lost or stolen in a branch.
If you have reported your card lost or stolen, you will receive a replacement card, which will need to be activated before you can use it. You can use your digital card details to add your replacement card to Apple Pay while you wait for the physical card to arrive.