Skip to main content Skip to main navigation
Skip to access and inclusion page Skip to search input


Can I cancel or dispute a pending transaction?

A dispute can only be lodged once the transaction has been fully processed. A pending transaction can be released or reversed at any time if the merchant submits a request to the Bank.

To request for the release or reversal of a pending transaction, the merchant will need to provide us with the following transaction details on their company letterhead.

  • Card number
  • Expiry date
  • Cardholder name
  • Authorisation number, if available
  • Amount of authorisation

The merchant should send the request to our authorisations team by:

● Fax: (03) 6208 4082


If we do not receive all of these details from the relevant merchant, we may not be able to release or reverse a pending transaction.

If you require further assistance, please call us on 1300 651 089 within Australia or +61 2 9155 7700 from overseas.