What should I do before lodging a dispute?
If you don't recognise a transaction or feel you've been incorrectly charged by the merchant, before lodging a dispute, check if:
- The business trades under a different name to the one they registered. Select the transaction and use the Look Who’s Charging feature for more details like:
- The trading name and logo
- A map of the transaction location
- An address, phone number, and website, if available.
- You can resolve the issue with the merchant directly.
How do I dispute a card transaction?
In the Westpac App
Before trying these instructions make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
- Tap the transaction to look up the merchant
- Tap Dispute transaction
- If no merchant information is available, tap Options
- Complete the details
In Online Banking
- Select the transaction
- Select dispute transaction
Frequently Asked Questions
Things you should know
The merchant information has been provided by Look Who's Charging. Westpac cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this information. Found a mistake or something missing in these merchant details? Send them a message.