Helping customers impacted by WA floods
9 January 2023
Westpac Group will provide support for customers affected by severe flooding in the Kimberley region of Western Australia.
“The impact from ex-tropical cyclone Ellie has been devastating. Entire communities are cut off by floodwater and we know that many people face a challenging clean-up ahead,” said Westpac Chief Customer Engagement Officer Ross Miller.
“We want customers to know that we are on standby to support, including providing flexibility with any home loan, credit card and business loan repayments while they get back on their feet.
“If customers feel like they may be facing financial difficulty following these floods please give us a call. The sooner we know about any challenges the quicker we can work through tailored support options.”
Support available for affected customers:
• Home loan customers may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
• Credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
• Term deposits customers can withdraw funds early without any interest rate reduction.
• Business loan customers may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
• Businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
• Business customers with merchant facilities are eligible to receive assistance, including monthly terminal access fee refunds for up to three months.
To access financial assistance:
• Westpac consumer customers can apply online or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497. Business customers who need support can contact their Relationship Manager or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497.
• St.George consumer customers can apply online or call St.George Assist on 1800 629 795. Business customers who need support can contact their Relationship Manager or call St.George Assist on 1800 629 795.
For emergency assistance in severe weather, contact the State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500, or call 000 (triple zero) for life-threatening emergencies.
Westpac’s Indigenous Call Centre Team is also available on 1800 230 144 from Monday to Friday 9am – 6:30pm CST.