Westpac provides emergency support for customers impacted by floods
26 November 2021
Westpac’s customer teams are standing by to provide emergency support for customers affected by flooding in parts of Queensland and New South Wales.
Chris de Bruin, Westpac Chief Executive Consumer and Business Banking said: “Westpac is ready to provide financial assistance for households, businesses and farms who are facing into an uncertain time as a result of the severe weather we have seen across eastern Australia in recent days.
“We want our customers to know there are a range of tailored financial support options available to help give them some breathing space including home and business loan deferrals and emergency credit card relief.
“We encourage any customer doing it tough to give us a call as soon as possible – so we can work through what support may be available for them,” said Mr de Bruin.
Emergency support available:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Affected customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- Westpac will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected customers experiencing hardship may also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
- Affected customers with Westpac business loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected business customers with merchant facilities are eligible to receive assistance including monthly terminal access fee waivers for up to three months.
To access financial assistance:
- Westpac consumer customers can apply online or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497. Business customers who need support can contact their Relationship Manager or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497.
- St.George consumer customers can apply online or call St.George Assist on 1800 629 795. Business customers who need support can contact their Relationship Manager or call St.George Assist on 1800 629 795.
For emergency assistance in severe weather, contact the State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500, or call 000 (triple zero) for life-threatening emergencies.