Moving to Australia - Banking in Australia
If you're moving to Australia, or recently arrived, Westpac can help. Our dedicated Migrant Banking specialists offer personal support to assist you with your banking needs during your immigration journey.
Want to open a bank account in Australia?
Westpac, Australia's first bank, offers a range of financial products and services for people starting a new life in Australia. One of Australia's most trusted banks, Westpac has almost 200 years’ experience helping Australians with their banking needs.
Why bank with Westpac?
- Apply online in just 10 minutes
- No Australian address needed to apply
- No withdrawal fee when making ATM transactions overseas with our Global Alliance Partners
- Was awarded 5 stars in 2013 for outstanding value for a Transactor - Full Service account by CANSTAR, an independent financial data provider
- Westpac Online Banking available 24/7 on your computer, mobile and tablet.
Westpac Choice - migrants and expats
Opening an everyday bank account is easy with Westpac.
- No monthly service fee for first 12 months
- Open your account up to 12 months prior to arriving in Australia
- Unlimited transactions across Westpac branches and over 2,800 ATMs (cash machines) in Australia
- Once you arrive in Australia you can request a Debit MasterCard®.
Kick Start your savings in Australia with a competitive online savings account :
- Bonus fixed interest rate for the first 3 months.
- Link to your Westpac Choice account for unlimited online, mobile, tablet and automated Telephone Banking transactions (once you're registered).
- No minimum deposit.
For more information about the Westpac Choice and Westpac eSaver accounts, including any applicable fees and charges, please read the Deposit Accounts for Personal and Self Managed Superannuation Fund Customers - Terms and Conditions (PDF 854kb)
Things you should know
The most recent published financial statements, annual report and capital adequacy and risk disclosures of Westpac can be obtained free of charge at westpac.com.au/about-westpac