What do I do if my card is lost or stolen?
Please report a lost or stolen card immediately so that we can stop all transactions on your account.
Place a temporary block on your card
If you'd like more time to search for your card, call 1300 651 089 and we can place a temporary block on your cards for 15 days. If you don’t cancel within the 15 days, the temporary block will be removed.
How to cancel a lost or stolen card
- Online Banking:
- Sign in to Westpac Online Banking
- Select Services from the Services & preferences menu
- Select Report lost or stolen cards from the Urgent services options
- Sign in to Westpac Mobile Banking
- Go to the Menu and select Security
- Select Report lost/stolen card
How long will it take to get another card?
We will mail a replacement card to you or send it to a branch for you to collect. This will take 4 working days in metro areas and 6 working days in regional areas. Once you receive your new card, you will need to transfer any recurring payments to your new card. A courier cost of $40 will be charged to your card for overseas delivery.
Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Should any unauthorised transactions occur on your cards, Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures you'll be reimbursed in full provided you've:
- Not contributed to the loss (and complied with the card's conditions of use)
- Contacted Westpac promptly.
What to do if your wallet is lost or stolen
A lost or stolen wallet or handbag can mean losing not only credit cards, but a driver's licence, mobile phone, plus car or house keys. Some tips to consider should this happen include:
- Check the Lost Wallet Checklist (PDF 54kb) for a list of other Australia-wide financial institutions and their contact details for reporting lost cards
- Reporting the loss or theft to police (call 000 or Police Help line 131 444)
- Contacting your insurance company, locksmith or mobile network provider (if keys or phone go missing too)
- Access cash without your debit card at any Westpac ATM. Just call 132 032 and ask for Emergency Cash.
Did you find this FAQ page about lost or stolen cards helpful?