What you're applying for
Let’s recap on your choice of an Altitude Velocity Black card – before you start your application.
The important numbers
|Annual card fee
|$295 (+ $75 Annual Altitude Velocity Rewards Program fee)
|Variable purchase rate
|Variable cash advance rate
|Minimum credit limit
Get up to 120,000 bonus Velocity Points
Get up to 120,000 bonus Velocity Points~ — 90,000 Velocity Points in year 1 if you spend $6k+ on eligible purchases† within 120 days of new card approval and an extra 30,000 points after your first eligible purchase in year 2.
Offer not available if you’ve held an Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black card with Altitude Rewards, Qantas or Velocity in the last 12 months. T&Cs apply.
What you'll get
- 0.75 Velocity Points per $ spent on all eligible purchases†, uncapped⁶
- Complimentary travel and purchase insurances⁴
- 2 Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers a year⁷
- 2 Virgin Australia Domestic lounge passes a year³
- Concierge Services
- Up to 45 days interest-free on purchases²
- Option to split purchases of $100 or more into 4 payments over 6 weeks using PartPay Card
- A higher interest rate on purchases than our non-rewards cards
- Our highest annual card fee
- Our Low Rate and Low Fee cards offer up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
- $75 Annual Altitude Velocity Rewards Program fee isn’t charged on Westpac Altitude Rewards cards
Check whether you’re more likely to be approved
What you'll need
At least two forms of ID
Australian driver licence, Medicare card, Passport, Australian birth certificate (Have your mobile handy as we’ll be sending you verification codes).
Home loan, personal loans, other credit or store cards as well as instalment purchases like Zip Pay.
Proof of income
Recent payslips, Government statements, rental income proof. For self-employed, recent business bank statements and previous ATO Notice of Assessment.
Still not sure what you need? Check our application documents page for all the details.
Check your credit history
Before applying you may like to confirm that your credit report is up-to-date. Head to CreditSmart.org.au and follow the links to a free credit report (subject to eligibility). More about credit reports.
A final check that this is the right credit option for you. Credit cards are a secure payment method for short-term borrowing needs such as everyday purchases or unplanned expenses, with some cards offering additional features like rewards. However, there are instances where it might be worth considering another form of credit:
- You have a longer-term or specific borrowing need, like a car or home renovations. In this case, view our Personal loans
- You want a repayment schedule with fixed repayments and a defined loan end-date. In this case, view our Personal loans
- You need ongoing help with short-term cashflow (and if applying online, already have a Westpac Home Loan, or paid your income into one of our transaction or savings accounts for over six months). In this case, view our Flexi Loan.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Credit Card Product Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
~ Bonus Qantas or Velocity Points Promotion Altitude Black: To be eligible for up to 120,000 bonus Qantas or Velocity Points, you must apply and be approved for a new Altitude Qantas Black or Altitude Velocity Black credit card between 2nd November 2023 and 31st July 2024.
You will receive an initial 90,000 bonus points if you spend $6k or more on eligible purchases within 120 days of card approval. These will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks of meeting this spend criteria.
You will receive an additional 30,000 bonus points if you keep your account open for more than 12 months and continue to use the card. These additional points will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks, after the first eligible purchase is made in the second year of your card account being active.
If you do not meet the minimum spend criteria within 120 days of card approval, you forfeit the initial 90,000 bonus points only. However, you are still eligible for the additional 30,000 bonus points in the second year if you continue to use your card.
Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer.
Qantas or Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Qantas or Velocity Points balance on a monthly basis. Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. Credit Card Product Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible for this offer.
†Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible persons to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance is provided to eligible Westpac cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). If an eligible persons wishes to claim any of these benefits, they will be bound by the eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions contained in the which may be amended from time to time. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the . Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the . You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Points earnt for Purchases are based on the full value of the purchase, and not on each instalment amount. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
For Altitude Qantas Platinum cards, earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $100,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. For Altitude Qantas Black cards, earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. This annual limit resets in January each year, based on your statement date. Bonus Points earned are not part of your annual cap.
7. Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers: Two complimentary Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers (for eligible domestic flights only) are available to Westpac Altitude Platinum Mastercard and Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard primary cardholders earning Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity rewards program. To be eligible, your card account must not be in arrears for more than two consecutive statement cycles in accordance with the Altitude Terms and Conditions, you must have provided Westpac with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and you have made a direct spend with Virgin Australia (Eligible Spend) on your Altitude Platinum Mastercard or Altitude Black Mastercard every year from card open date. Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of issuance and will appear on your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account within 10 business days of meeting Eligible Spend. Economy X Seat Upgrades are available to other passengers travelling on the same itinerary as the primary cardholder. Each Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher can only be redeemed on an eligible non-stop Virgin Australia operated domestic Australian flight. The Economy X Upgrade Voucher is valid per single flight sector only. All Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemptions are subject to availability. All travel is subject to the Virgin Australia Fare Conditions and Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage as amended from time to time. No Velocity Points or Status Credits will be awarded for Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemptions. To redeem, book an eligible domestic flight with Virgin Australia on your Altitude Velocity Mastercard and then call the Virgin Australia Guest Contact Centre on 1300 038 373 at least 24 hours prior to your flight to apply your Economy X Seat Upgrade. All Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemptions are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor Westpac guarantee that Economy X seats will be available on the flight you may wish to redeem on. All travel is subject to the Economy X standard Terms and Conditions and the Virgin Australia Fare Conditions and Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage as amended from time to time.
Concierge Services are provided by a third party supplier. For further details including terms and conditions visit westpac.tenconcierge.com
Altitude Velocity or Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the relevant Frequent Flyer program. An annual $75 Rewards Program fee applies for customers who choose this option.