What you're applying for
The important numbers
|Ongoing monthly card fee||$9 ($108 annually)|
|Variable purchase rate||9.90% p.a.|
|Variable cash advance rate||N/A|
|Foreign transaction fee||0%|
|Minimum credit limit||$500|
|Maximum credit limit||$4,000|
What you'll get
- A lower interest rate on purchases than our Rewards and Low Rate cards
- No fees on foreign transactions (including for online purchases)
- Up to 45 days interest-free on purchases²
- Higher card fees over a year than our Low Rate and Low Fee cards
- You can’t make cash advances (including cash withdrawals)
- No rewards points or complimentary insurances
A final check that this is the right credit option for you. Credit cards are a secure payment method for short-term borrowing needs such as everyday purchases or unplanned expenses, with some cards offering additional features like rewards. However, there are instances where it might be worth considering another form of credit:
- You have a longer-term or specific borrowing need, like a car or home renovations. In this case, view our Personal loans
- You want a repayment schedule with fixed repayments and a defined loan end-date. In this case, view our Personal loans
- You need ongoing help with short-term cashflow (and if applying online, already have a Westpac Home Loan, or paid your income into one of our transaction or savings accounts for over six months). In this case, view our Flexi Loan.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
Balance transfers into the Westpac Lite and Flex cards are not available.
2. Interest free period is available on purchases when you pay the Closing Balance (or the Monthly Payment Balance with a balance transfer) in full by the payment due date.