What you're applying for
Let’s recap on your choice of a Low Rate card – before you start your application.
The important numbers
|Ongoing annual card fee||$59|
|Variable purchase rate||13.74% p.a.|
|Variable cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Minimum credit limit||$500|
New cards only
Up to $350 cashback
★ Get rewarded when you spend
Up to $350 cashback – $50 cashback for each month you spend $1k or more on eligible purchases in the first 7 months from card approval<.
Note - month is based on your credit card statement period. New cards only. Credit criteria and T&Cs apply.
What you'll get
- A lower interest rate on purchases than our Low Fee and Rewards cards
- A lower annual card fee than our Rewards cards
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases²
- Cash advances (no interest-free days on these)
- Option to split purchases of $100 or more into 4 payments over 6 weeks using PartPay Card
- A higher interest rate on purchases than our Lite card
- A higher annual card fee than our Low Fee card
- No rewards points or complimentary insurances
Check whether you’re more likely to be approved
What you'll need
At least two forms of ID
Australian driver licence, Medicare card, Passport, Australian birth certificate (Have your mobile handy as we’ll be sending you verification codes).
Home loan, personal loans, other credit or store cards as well as instalment purchases like Zip Pay.
Proof of income
Recent payslips, Government statements, rental income proof. For self-employed, recent business bank statements and previous ATO Notice of Assessment.
Still not sure what you need? Check our application documents page for all the details.
Check your credit history
Before applying you may like to confirm that your credit report is up-to-date. Head to CreditSmart.org.au and follow the links to a free credit report (subject to eligibility). More about credit reports.
A final check that this is the right credit option for you. Credit cards are a secure payment method for short-term borrowing needs such as everyday purchases or unplanned expenses, with some cards offering additional features like rewards. However, there are instances where it might be worth considering another form of credit:
- You have a longer-term or specific borrowing need, like a car or home renovations. In this case, view our Personal loans
- You want a repayment schedule with fixed repayments and a defined loan end-date. In this case, view our Personal loans
- You need ongoing help with short-term cashflow (and if applying online, already have a Westpac Home Loan, or paid your income into one of our transaction or savings accounts for over six months). In this case, view our Flexi Loan.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Credit Card Product Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
<Low Rate Cashback promotion: the up to $350 cashback offer is available when you apply and are approved for a new Low Rate credit card between 2nd November 2023 and 30th April 2024. $50 cashback will be awarded for every month (statement period) $1k or more is spent on eligible purchases for the first 7 statement periods from card approval. Eligible purchases made in one statement period do not contribute to subsequent statement period offer eligibility. Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees, charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited to the card account. Cashback is only available on one credit card account per customer. $50 cashback will be paid as a statement credit to your Low Rate credit card account within 60 days of meeting the minimum spend criteria. Current Westpac credit card customers or customers who have held a Westpac credit card in the last 12 months are not eligible for this offer. This promotional offer is not available if you apply under the Westpac Premier Advantage Package.
2. Interest free period is available when you pay the Closing Balance (or the Monthly Payment Balance if you have a Balance Transfer, a SmartPlan or a PartPay Card) in full by the payment due date.