What you're applying for
The important numbers
|$4,000 to $50,000
|Variable interest rate:
|16.99% p.a. on the funds you use
|Lending establishment fee:
|Monthly loan account fee:
|$12 (Only charged on the months you use your account, or have a balance owing)
What you'll get
Access to credit on an ongoing basis without needing to reapply, to help manage cashflow¹
Flexible repayment options (with a monthly minimum) rather than a set repayment schedule
Access funds by transferring to a Westpac transaction account, or pay bills directly using BPAY®
Pay interest only on the amount you’ve used (and not your whole credit limit).
To apply online you must be an existing customer and have paid your regular income into a Westpac transaction or savings account for more than six months, or have a Westpac Home Loan
While you only need to make the minimum repayment, it can take longer to pay off loan balances unless you choose to make higher or additional repayments
Other fees and charges may apply#.
Check you're eligible
A regular, verifiable Australian taxable income from the same source for at least 3 months (18 months for self-employed)
You're up-to-date with your regular payments (rent, phone, credit cards or afterpay etc.)
Make sure you can cover your expenses, as well as your Personal Loan repayments.
Other eligibility criteria
- Existing Westpac customer and you’re aged 18 or over
- You're an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You have a fixed residential address in Australia
- Have regular income credited to a Westpac account for 6 months or more, or hold a Westpac Home Loan
- You have an eligible Australian bank account.
A final check that this is the right credit option for you. A Flexi Loan can help with short-term cashflow shortfalls. However, there are instances where it’s worth considering another form of credit:
You need a payment tool to access funds for everyday purchases on an ongoing basis. In this case, view our Credit Cards
You have a longer-term or specific borrowing need, like a car or home renovations. In this case, view our Personal Loans
You want a fixed repayment schedule with a defined loan end-date. In this case, view our Personal Loans
Things you should know
This information is general in nature and has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial situation into account. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information to your own circumstances and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice. Please consider your individual circumstances before applying for a Westpac Personal Loan. Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Information is correct as of 1 November 2023.
##The lending establishment fee will be added to your loan amount. Please read full terms and conditions before making a decision to apply for a Westpac Personal Loan.
#Other fees and charges may apply. Refer to Personal Loans for details.
1. Ongoing access to credit: Withdrawals are subject to authorisation. A $500 minimum applies.
2. The minimum monthly payment is the minimum amount you need to pay each month, which includes;
- The monthly loan account fee
- 2% of the statement’s closing balance (excluding the monthly loan account fee) or the full closing balance if under $10, whichever is greater
- Any overdue amount owing, or the amount of your closing balance which exceeds your credit limit, whichever is greater.
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
Credit provided by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.