For any number of plans or reasons, increasing your existing home loan can be a quick, cost effective way to bring those plans to life.
The lowdown on home loan increases (top ups)
- Can be cheaper than other types of borrowing because home loans generally have lower interest rates than a personal loan or credit card
- Free for customers with our Premier Advantage Home Loan Package. For customers without our Home Loan Package, a $400 fee applies
- Pay no interest on your loan increase until you use it
- The amount you can borrow depends on your personal financial situation, value of your property and our standard lending criteria
- Available for variable rate home loans
- Investors can also increase the size of their loan, but need to be careful about tax. Get professional tax advice first.
If you have a fixed rate home loan, call us on 1300 650 148 and we'll take you through your options.
Like to know more?
Home loan increases . . . doing the numbers
There's a lot to consider when increasing your mortgage, so it's good to be aware upfront what impact this may have on your home loan and lifestyle.
Your repayments are likely to increase and/ or it could take longer to pay off your home loan so have a chat with us to get an indicative idea of what the revised 'numbers' might be.