Property, Procurement & Protective Services (PPP) Graduate Program
What you can expect
This program will offer you a unique opportunity to work across a function that touches all parts of the bank.
Combined with learning pathways, you will get enterprise-wide exposure through participation in high-profile operational and strategic projects.
You will collaborate with, and be mentored by, senior leaders and help the team solve complex problems.
What we do
PPP delivers Westpac Group’s property, procurement, and protective security requirements. We provide a unique opportunity to participate in a function that supports the Westpac Group, from its crisis and incident response, the suppliers it does business with, its corporate property footprint and its physical security strategy (including business continuity and crisis response).
PPP has a wide remit including managing the Group’s $6b per year supplier spend, our property footprint (branches, corporate sites and data centres) and our crisis response and physical security.
The important information
18-24 month program
3 x 6 months rotations (plus an optional rotation across one of other functions within Corporate Services).
You will complete six-month rotations in each of the PPP teams of Group Property, Group Procurement and Group Protective Services.
You may have an opportunity to get exposure and support projects in other areas of Corporate Services, which include: -
- Corporate Affairs – covering internal communications, Media and Government Relations as well as Community Programs
- Sustainability – covering the latest in ESG disclosure updates and position statements on Climate and net-zero targets
- Business Controls & Monitoring – supporting all CS business units and helping with control testing, review and uplift
- Transformation – be part of the working group on SSSD (Stop-Simplify-Standardise-Digitise)
Only available in Sydney, NSW
PPP graduates enjoy a flexible program with support to pursue rotations of interest to them. Given the breadth of PPP, each graduate has had a unique experience and the opportunity to find an area of passion.
No two days or rotations are the same. One day you may be working through the risks of using a large supplier, the next you might support the Group’s response to a crisis, and another you might be visiting a new corporate site under construction.
In each rotation, you will:
- Develop professional capabilities to support you throughout your career i.e. negotiation, presentation skills (written and verbal), commercial acumen
- Develop specialist knowledge in core areas (sustainability, crisis management, business continuity, operational risk, procurement, project management, etc)
- Develop a basic understanding of the operational risks that can arise within the function and how to partner with our risk teams to resolve
- Get exposure to a range of initiatives, programs, and stakeholders across the function as well as the larger Corporate Services division.
Upon conclusion of the program, we’ll support you with a role within PPP based on your interests and business needs, as you embark on your Westpac career.
Future career opportunities
- Supply chain sustainability
- Corporate property
- Facilities management
- Crisis, emergency, and incident response
- Physical security
- Workplace experience
Who we want
We are building a team with broad skills and capabilities with game-changing attitudes and are we are looking for commercially minded individuals with exemplary critical thinking skills. We welcome graduates from all disciplines to apply.
Eligibility and how to apply
We’re looking to fill our programs with original thinkers and innovators from all degrees of study. We embrace diversity, recognising the value people bring to us with their individual differences, qualities, ideas and insights.
To apply for our graduate program you must be in your final year of study of a university degree;
You can have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree but it must be no more than three years ago.
You also need to be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident when you apply.