Property, Procurement & Protective Services (PPP) Graduate Program
What you can expect
This program will offer you a unique opportunity to work across a function that touches all parts of the bank.
Combined with learning pathways, you will get enterprise-wide exposure through participation in high-profile operational and strategic projects.
You will collaborate with, and be mentored by, senior leaders and help the team solve complex problems.
What we do
PPP delivers Westpac Group’s property, procurement, and protective security requirements. We provide a unique opportunity to participate in a function that supports the Westpac Group, from its crisis and incident response, the suppliers it does business with, its corporate property footprint and its physical security strategy (including business continuity and crisis response).
PPP has a wide remit including managing the Group’s $6b per year supplier spend, our property footprint (branches, corporate sites and data centres) and our crisis response and physical security.
The important information
18-24 month program
4 x 6 months rotations (with an option for one of those rotations to take place in a team within our broader Corporate Services division).
You will complete six-month rotations in teams across Group Property, Group Procurement and Group Protective Services.
You may have an opportunity to undertake a rotation in, or otherwise get exposure to and support projects in other areas of Corporate Services, which include: -
- Corporate Affairs – covering internal communications, Media and Government Relations as well as Community Programs
- Group Sustainability – setting and monitoring Westpac’s ESG strategy;
- Business Controls & Monitoring – supporting Corporate Services with risk management and control testing;
- Transformation – help deliver transformational projects for the division.
Only available in Sydney, NSW
PPP graduates enjoy a flexible program with support to pursue rotations of interest to them. Given the breadth of PPP, each graduate has had a unique experience and the opportunity to find an area of passion.
No two days or rotations are the same. One day you may be working through the risks of using a large supplier, the next you might support the Group’s response to a crisis, and another you might be visiting a new corporate site under construction.
In each rotation, you will:
- Develop professional capabilities to support you throughout your career i.e. negotiation, presentation skills (written and verbal), commercial acumen
- Develop specialist knowledge in core areas (sustainability, crisis management, business continuity, operational risk, procurement, project management, etc)
- Develop a basic understanding of the operational risks that can arise within the function and how to partner with our risk teams to resolve
- Get exposure to a range of initiatives, programs, and stakeholders across the function as well as the larger Corporate Services division.
Upon conclusion of the program, we’ll support you with a role within PPP based on your interests and our business needs, as you embark on your Westpac career.
Future career opportunities
- Supply chain sustainability
- Property management
- Facilities management
- Crisis, emergency, and incident response
- Workplace experience
- Environmental reporting
- Project management
What our graduates have to say
I applied for the PPP graduate program because I wanted to work in an area that supports all parts of the bank to deliver initiatives that make a real difference for Westpac’s people and customers.
The PPP program offers a diverse range of rotations. During the program, I have had the opportunity to work within and collaborate with a variety of teams including Procurement, Business Continuity, Protective Services and Operational Risk. The graduate journey has been fantastic and allowed me to receive mentorship from senior leaders across PPP, gain exposure to different teams and extend my business acumen.”
Mikayla, 2022 Graduate
Who we want
We are building a team with broad skills and capabilities with game-changing attitudes and are we are looking for commercially minded individuals with exemplary critical thinking skills. We welcome graduates from all disciplines to apply.
Eligibility and how to apply
We’re looking to fill our programs with original thinkers and innovators from all degrees of study. We embrace diversity, recognising the value people bring to us with their individual differences, qualities, ideas and insights.
To apply for our graduate program you must be in your final year of study of a university degree;
You can have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree but it must be no more than three years ago.
You also need to be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident when you apply.