Altitude Velocity Platinum
75,000 bonus Altitude Velocity Points
75,000 bonus Altitude Velocity Points with $4k+ spend on eligible purchases† within 90 days of card approval++.
0% p.a. for 24 months on balance transfer>> when requested at card application. 1% balance transfer fee applies. After 24 months, rate reverts to the variable cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a.
Plus, a reduced first year annual card fee of $49 ($150 thereafter)*. Already with Westpac? Sign in to apply and we’ll waive your first year annual card fee>>>. A $50 annual Velocity rewards fee still applies.
Offer not available if you’ve held an Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black card with Altitude Rewards, Qantas or Velocity in the last 12 months. T&Cs apply.
At a glance
|$150||Ongoing annual card fee|
||Annual Altitude Velocity program fee|
||Variable purchase rate|
|21.49% p.a.||Variable cash advance rate|
||Minimum credit limit|
|$30,000 p.a.||Minimum income required|
|0.5||Points6 per $ on all eligible purchases†|
See below for standard rates and fees.
Why choose Altitude Velocity Platinum?
You’ll earn Velocity Points which will be credited directly to you Velocity Frequent Flyer account. There they can be redeemed for flights, upgrades, shopping and more. You'll also get two Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers each year for selected domestic Virgin Australia flights7.
Available when you spend with Virgin Australia on your Mastercard. See FAQs for details.
Other reasons to choose
On top of Apple Pay, Samsung PayTM and Google Pay, you can use our Instant Digital Card from the moment your account is opened. No need to wait for a physical card.
Add a second cardholder (16 years or older) at no extra cost5.
From verifying suspicious transactions to our fraud money back guarantee, we aim to keep you protected.
Could this credit card be suitable for you?
It could be if:
- You’re a Velocity Frequent Flyer (VFF) member
- You see the value in paying a higher annual card fee to earn Velocity Points directly to your VFF account, as well as take advantage of our complimentary insurances
- You’re likely to repay your purchases off in full most months (minimising the interest you’ll be charged)
There may be better options if:
- You don’t repay your purchases in full most months, consider our Low Rate cards
- You want the balance transfer offer to pay off other cards, but think you’ll take longer than the offer period to repay it, consider other balance transfer offers, or our personal loans
- You are willing to not earn Velocity Points so the annual card fee is lower, but still want complimentary insurances, consider Altitude Rewards Platinum
Standard rates and fees
|Ongoing annual card fee||
|Ongoing annual rewards program fee||Altitude Velocity: $50|
Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
3.0% of the value of the transaction will apply to each cash advance made on your card account.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Missed payment fee||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
Alternative credit cards
Frequently asked questions
You can obtain written confirmation of eligibility for cover for your overseas journey from the issuer of the insurance, AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, based on the answers you give AGA, by applying online at:www.checkyourcover.com.au/westpac. If you provide AGA with incorrect answers to the questions we ask you, you may not be eligible for cover under the group policy issued to Westpac.4
International Travel Insurance4(see policy for details)
Overseas Transit Accident Insurance4
Purchase Protection Insurance4
Extended Warranty Insurance4
Up to 24 months extended warranty insurance cover (in addition to the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty) on a range of personal items purchased using your Credit Card (terms, conditions, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply).
When you choose Altitude Velocity rewards you can also enjoy 2 Economy X seat upgrades a year, on selected domestic Virgin Australia flights.7 To receive the upgrades, simply provide us with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and make a direct spend at Virgin Australia on your Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Vouchers will then be available in your Velocity Frequent Flyer account within 10 business days.7
To redeem your Economy X Seat Upgrade vouchers you must first book an eligible domestic flight directly with Virgin Australia. Once you have booked an eligible domestic flight with Virgin Australia, you will need to call the Virgin Australia Guest Contact Centre on 1300 038 373 to redeem your Economy X Seat Upgrade vouchers.7
Before you apply
Follow this section to improve the likelihood your application is approved.
You’ll be assessed on your ability to repay the money you borrow. Three things you can do to help:
- Make sure you’re meeting your current repayment obligations for
- other credit cards or loans (including lenders such as afterpay and zip pay)
- rent as well as utilities such as your phone, internet and electricity.
3. Don’t make multiple applications (with us or any other lender). Every application is listed as an enquiry on your credit report. Too many can be seen as a red flag and reduce your chances of approval.
Make sure you have everything in the list below:
- Current debts in your name (e.g. home loan, personal loans, other credit or store cards as well as instalment purchases such as zip pay)
- Proof of income. If your pay doesn’t already go into a Westpac account, you’ll need to show at least one of the following:
o Two payslips from your main employer from the last two months
o A Government Authority statement from the last two months confirming your pension or allowance
o Rental income proof covering the last three months
o Self-employed? You’ll need to show you’ve been in business for at least 18 months, the last two months’ business bank statements and last year’s Notice of Assessment.
- All your regular monthly expenses (including phone bills, insurances etc.)
- Your frequent flyer number (if applying for an Altitude Qantas or Altitude Velocity card)
- If you want to transfer the balance of another account or credit card, we’ll need those details too.
If you’re already a Westpac customer, you’ll also need to:
- Sign into online banking to double-check your personal details (name, address etc) are up-to-date
- Apply as an existing customer in the application form
- We will have answered some of the basic questions such as personal details (name, address etc) on your application for you. Check that they’re correct.
Additional eligibility criteria or documentation may be required.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
++Bonus Qantas or Velocity Points Promotion Altitude Platinum: To qualify for the bonus points you must apply and be approved for a new Altitude Qantas Platinum or Altitude Velocity Platinum card between 19th October 2021 and 24th February 2022 and spend the minimum amount of $4,000 on eligible purchases on an Altitude Platinum card within 90 days from card approval in one or more transactions. Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus points depend on your choice of Rewards Program. The bonus Velocity Points or Qantas Points will be added to your points balance within 12 weeks once you meet the eligible spend criteria. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Velocity Points or Qantas Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your Velocity or Qantas Points balance on a monthly basis.
>>Altitude Platinum and Altitude Black Balance Transfer Promotion: This offer is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card between 19th October 2021 and 24th February 2022, and request at card application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-Westpac Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. A balance transfer fee of 1% will apply to balance(s) transferred to a new Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card. The balance transfer fee will be charged to the card account on the same day the balance(s) are debited to the account. The promotional rate will apply to balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 80% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period. Activating your card triggers the processing of the balance transfer. The applicable variable cash advance rate will apply to any unpaid balance transfer amount remaining at the end of the promotional period unless the amount is paid off earlier. Westpac will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). If your account has an interest free period for purchases, to be entitled to that interest free period, you need to pay off the 'Monthly Payment Balance' listed on your statement of account (not the full closing balance) by the relevant payment due date.
*Reduced First year Card Fee for Altitude Platinum: The discounted first year card fee of $49 is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum card between 19th October 2021 and 24th February 2022. After the first year, the $150 annual card fee applies and will be debited to your card account on the 12-month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter. A $50 annual rewards fee still applies for Altitude Velocity and Altitude Qantas if you choose these programs.
>>> First-Year Card Fee Waiver - Existing customers only: is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Platinum credit card between 19th October 2021 and 24th February 2022. After the first year, the $150 annual card fee will be debited to your account annually on the 12-month anniversary of the first transaction on your card account. A $50 annual rewards fee still applies for Altitude Velocity and Altitude Qantas if you choose these programs.
†Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
5. Additional cardholder: An additional credit card can be issued on the primary cardholder’s account to any nominated person 16 years or over. All transactions using the additional credit card will be the responsibility of the primary cardholder. All Altitude, Velocity or Qantas Points remain the benefit of the primary cardholder. No additional cardholders allowed on Flex Card.
2. Interest free period is available on purchases when you pay the Closing Balance (or the Monthly Payment Balance with a balance transfer) in full by the payment due date.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the Altitude Terms and Conditions. Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the Altitude Terms and Conditions. You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis. Points are uncapped until 1 January 2022.
From 1 January 2022: For Altitude Qantas Platinum cards, earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $100,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. For Altitude Qantas Black cards, earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. This annual limit resets in January each year, based on your statement date. Bonus Points earned are not part of your annual cap. For more information view the .
Altitude Velocity or Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the relevant Frequent Flyer program. An annual $50 Rewards fee applies for customers who choose this option.
7. Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers: Two complimentary Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers (for eligible domestic flights only) are available to Westpac Altitude Platinum Mastercard and Westpac Altitude Black Mastercard primary cardholders earning Velocity Points through the Altitude Velocity rewards program. To be eligible, your card account must not be in arrears for more than two consecutive statement cycles in accordance with the Altitude Terms and Conditions, you must have provided Westpac with your Velocity Frequent Flyer number and you have made a direct spend with Virgin Australia (Eligible Spend) on your Altitude Platinum Mastercard or Altitude Black Mastercard every year from card open date. Economy X Seat Upgrade Vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of issuance and will appear on your Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account within 10 business days of meeting Eligible Spend. Economy X Seat Upgrades are available to other passengers travelling on the same itinerary as the primary cardholder. Each Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher can only be redeemed on an eligible non-stop Virgin Australia operated domestic Australian flight. The Economy X Upgrade Voucher is valid per single flight sector only. All Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemptions are subject to availability. All travel is subject to the Virgin Australia Fare Conditions and Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage as amended from time to time. No Velocity Points or Status Credits will be awarded for Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemptions. To redeem, book an eligible domestic flight with Virgin Australia on your Altitude Velocity Mastercard and then call the Virgin Australia Guest Contact Centre on 1300 038 373 at least 24 hours prior to your flight to apply your Economy X Seat Upgrade. All Economy X Seat Upgrade Voucher redemptions are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor Westpac guarantee that Economy X seats will be available on the flight you may wish to redeem on. All travel is subject to the Economy X standard Terms and Conditions and the Virgin Australia Fare Conditions and Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage as amended from time to time.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible persons to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance is provided to eligible Westpac cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). If an eligible persons wishes to claim any of these benefits, they will be bound by the eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions contained in the which may be amended from time to time. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Read the Samsung Pay Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Samsung Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Samsung Pay FAQs for more information. Samsung and Samsung Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
The before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Google Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Google Pay FAQs for more information. Google Pay is a trademarks of Google Inc.
Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly. Refer to the card's for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.