Altitude Rewards Platinum
Get up to 120,000 bonus Altitude Rewards Points
Get up to 120,000 bonus Altitude Rewards Points> — 90,000 Rewards Points in year 1 if you spend $3k+ on eligible purchases† within 90 days of new card approval and an extra 30,000 points after your first eligible purchase in year 2.
Offer not available if you’ve held an Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black card with Altitude Rewards, Qantas or Velocity in the last 12 months. T&Cs apply.
At a glance
|$175||Annual card fee|
||Annual Altitude Rewards Program fee|
||Variable purchase rate|
|21.49% p.a.||Variable cash advance rate|
||Minimum credit limit|
|$30,000 p.a.||Minimum income required|
|3 pts/$||On Qantas and Jetstar flights bought in Australia, eligibility criteria apply1.|
|2 pts/$||On Uber, Uber Eats, Spotify Premium, Airbnb and on Overseas Spend (including overseas purchases made from Australia)6|
|1 pt/$6||On all other eligible purchases†|
Why choose Altitude Rewards Platinum card?
Our Altitude Rewards program has no rewards fee and plenty of flexibility in how you can use your points. Choose from retail gift cards, cash back, a range of partner airlines, our own online store or our unique 'pay by points' feature. Plus, you’ll earn points at a higher rate when shopping with select partners.<<<
Take control of your money within the Westpac App
Powerful money management tools in the palm of your hand.
Get spend and cash flow insights
Manage your cards in one place
Order a new card, change your pin or temporarily lock your card if you misplace it, all in the app’s convenient Cards Hub.
View and transfer funds fast
Quick Balance lets you view the balance of three main accounts and quickly transfer money without signing in.
Standard rates and fees
|Annual card fee||
|Annual Rewards Program fee||Altitude Rewards: $0|
Foreign transaction fee
Payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any foreign transaction.
Applies for transactions in a foreign currency, or in Australian dollars but processed by an overseas merchant or financial institution.
Note: It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia. More about this fee.
|Cash advance fee
3% of the value of the transaction will apply to each cash advance made on your card account.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Missed payment fee||$15 each statement cycle that the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.|
Frequently asked questions
You can obtain written confirmation of eligibility for cover for your overseas journey from the issuer of the insurance, AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, based on the answers you give AGA, by applying online at: checkyourcover.com.au/westpac. If you provide AGA with incorrect answers to the questions we ask you, you may not be eligible for cover under the group policy issued to Westpac.4
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Credit Card Product Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible.
This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
>Altitude Rewards Platinum Bonus Points Promotion: To be eligible for up to 120,000 bonus Altitude Reward Points, you must apply and be approved for a new Altitude Rewards Platinum card between 2nd November 2023 and 30th April 2024. You will receive an initial 90,000 bonus points if you spend $3k or more on eligible purchases within 90 days of card approval. These will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks of meeting this spend criteria. You will receive an additional 30,000 bonus points if you keep your account open for more than 12 months and continue to use the card. These additional points will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks, after the first eligible purchase is made in the second year of your card account being active. If you do not meet the minimum spend criteria within 90 days of card approval, you forfeit the initial 90,000 bonus points only. However, you are still eligible for the additional 30,000 bonus points in the second year if you continue to use your card. Existing Westpac customers who currently hold an Earth Classic, Earth Platinum, Earth Platinum Plus, Earth Black, Altitude Classic, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black credit card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
≈Reduced First year Card Fee for Altitude Rewards Platinum: The discounted first year card fee of $49 is available when you apply and are approved for a new Altitude Rewards Platinum card between 2nd November 2023 and 30th April 2024. After the first year, the card fee reverts to $175 thereafter, and will be debited to your card account on the 12-month anniversary of the Card Fee date and annually thereafter.
<<< Accelerated Earn - Shop, Stream, Ride and Stay: Applies only to domestic spend made in Australian dollars or any other currency (and converted to Australian dollars) using your card or card account with a Merchant who is located in Australia. Excludes Westpac Altitude Qantas and Westpac Altitude Velocity. Participating merchants are subject to change.
†Eligible purchases do not include interest, fees and charges, cash or ATM cash advances, cash equivalent transactions, gambling transactions, a purchase from or payment to a local, state or federal government or government related agency, BPAY or similar transactions (such as Post Billpay), refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account.
1. Accelerated Earn - Flights: Earn 6 points per dollar on the first $10,000 spent on flights per calendar month, then 1.25 points per $1 spent thereafter on the Altitude Black Mastercard. Or earn 3 points per dollar on the first $10,000 on flights per calendar month, then 1 point per $1 spent thereafter on the Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Points earn applies to flights purchased in Australia directly with the above listed participating airlines using your Altitude Black Mastercard or Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Excludes flights not purchased directly with the participating airlines for example flights purchased through a travel agent, online aggregators or other airlines such as a code-share etc. Excludes Altitude Qantas, Altitude Velocity and Visa cards. Participating airlines are subject to change.
5. Additional cardholder: An additional credit card can be issued on the primary cardholder’s account to any nominated person 16 years or over. All transactions using the additional credit card will be the responsibility of the primary cardholder. All Altitude, Velocity or Qantas Points remain the benefit of the primary cardholder. No additional cardholders allowed on Flex Card.
2. Interest free period is available when you pay the Closing Balance (or the Monthly Payment Balance if you have a Balance Transfer, a SmartPlan or a PartPay Card) in full by the payment due date.
6. Rewards Points: The earning and redemption of Altitude Points, Velocity Points and Qantas Points are subject to the . Purchases that are not eligible to earn Rewards Points are set out in the . You do not receive points if you have not paid the Minimum Payment Due in full and on time and in other circumstances. Points earnt for Purchases are based on the full value of the purchase, and not on each instalment amount. Qantas and Velocity Points earned during a statement cycle are added to your respective Points balance on a monthly basis.
For Altitude Qantas Platinum cards, earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $100,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. For Altitude Qantas Black cards, earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 up to a maximum of $250,000 spent on eligible purchases annually. This annual limit resets in January each year, based on your statement date. Bonus Points earned are not part of your annual cap.
Altitude Rewards: You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude Points for frequent flyer points. The Altitude Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer program apply. A joining fee may apply. Availability of Reward flights may be limited.
Altitude Velocity or Qantas: In order to earn and redeem points, you must be a member of the relevant Frequent Flyer program. An annual $75 Rewards Program fee applies for customers who choose this option.
Qantas products and services: Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas.com; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/ or annual fees. For full Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions, visit Qantas.com/terms.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible persons to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance is provided to eligible Westpac cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). If an eligible persons wishes to claim any of these benefits, they will be bound by the eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions contained in the which may be amended from time to time. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.