Award Winning Home Insurance
From Canstar’s Outstanding Value Awards to Mozo’s Experts Choice Awards, Westpac Home Insurance has been recognised for delivering outstanding value to our customers. These awards have been given by independent providers to help customers make better informed decisions.
Canstar’s Outstanding Value Awards
Westpac has received Canstar’s National Award for Outstanding Value across all three home insurance categories – the only provider to do so in 2020!
5-Star Rated products represent the top 10% in their field, as assessed by Canstar. Their team of expert researchers identify which products offer Australians outstanding value by comparing price and product features. For the home insurance awards and ratings, Canstar reviews over 50 insurers, looking at the premium and excess you pay and what’s included in your cover, as well as the application process, customer service, claims and cancellation process.
Home and Contents Insurance
Awarded Canstar’s 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value Home and Contents Insurance in 2020.
Awarded Canstar’s 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value Home Insurance in 2019 and 2020.
Awarded Canstar’s 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value Contents Insurance in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Mozo’s Experts Choice Awards
Now in their seventh year, the Mozo Experts Choice Awards recognise and award products believed to offer great value to Australians, as assessed by Mozo’s team of experts.
In 2020, over 60 insurance policies were reviewed for their competitive pricing as well as generosity of additional benefits and flexibility of options, such as accidental loss and damage, protection against underinsurance, and costs associated with a big clean-up like debris removal and temporary accommodation.
Home and Contents Insurance – Essential Care
Winner of Experts Choice Awards for Exceptional Value 2019 and 2020.
Home and Contents Insurance – Premier Care
Winner of Experts Choice Awards for Exceptional Value and Exceptional Quality 2019 and 2020.
Things you should know
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
^ Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments due to rounding, and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
~ The Building and Contents calculators available through our websites are intended as a guide only. For a more accurate rebuilding cost, consider obtaining a professional valuation from a licensed builder or professional valuer.
* Quote and buy online and save 15% off your annual premium for the first year with promotional code COVER. Plus, save 10% when you combine building and contents at the same address under the one policy.
1. Safety net of between 5% and 30% of your sum insured, depending on your type of cover.
2. If your home is unliveable we will cover up to $10,000 (Essential Care) or up to 10% of the sum insured for up to 12 months (under Quality or Premier Care) for similar alternative accommodation.
3. A Landlord Extras claim will only be paid if you’re able to provide certain documents and evidence such as:
- A written rental agreement
- A documented booking confirmation (for casually-let properties)
- Documented property inspection reports.
The rental agreement should state the term of the lease, the amount of rent and bond payable by the tenant/s.
Home and Contents Insurance and Landlord Insurance are issued by Allianz Australia General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319, which is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz Insurance). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714 arranges the insurance under a distribution arrangement with Allianz Insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the Product Disclosure Statement to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1300 650 255 or visit westpac.com.au/insurance.
- How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
- How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.