Online savings account
Introductory bonus interest
0.40% p.a. for the first 5 months for new Westpac eSaver customers
- 0.35% p.a. 5 month introductory fixed rate
- 0.05% p.a. Standard variable rate
Why open an eSaver account?
- Competitive interest rate on savings
- No monthly service fee 2
- Unlimited access via a linked Westpac Choice account (if you don't have one, we'll open one for you)
- No minimum deposit or monthly balance
- New Westpac eSaver customers receive an introductory fixed bonus rate on top of the standard variable rate for the first 5 months.
Safe Online Banking guarantee
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions3
Protected by the Financial Claims Scheme
Deposits to this account and other eligible Westpac accounts are guaranteed by the Australian Government up to a total of $250,000 under the Financial Claims Scheme4
Westpac Protect SMS code
Increase your online banking security by using your mobile to confirm certain transactions via SMS.
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|Monthly service fee||$0|
|Online Banking (including Mobile Banking)||$0|
|Telephone Banking withdrawal (automated)||$0|
|Telephone Banking withdrawal (non-automated)||$5|
|Domestic ATM Transactions5||Nil|
|Point of Sale (POS) transactions - All transactions conducted at a POS terminal||$5|
|Branch staff assisted withdrawal||$5|
|Account overdrawn fee||$15|
Overseas ATM Transactions & Foreign Transaction Fees apply. Refer to Terms and Conditions for details.
There are no fees for Online Banking or Automated Telephone Banking transactions between your Westpac eSaver and Westpac accounts held in the same name. To access your money, we recommend you transfer funds to your Westpac transaction account and then make your withdrawal or payment.
Periodical payments , BPAY® and Pay Anyone cannot be made from eSaver.
Things you should know
2. Westpac everyday account: To open a Westpac eSaver account, you must hold a Westpac everyday account. Fees and charges apply on a Westpac everyday account.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks of, and PayPassTM is a trademark of, Mastercard International Incorporated.
BPAY® and Osko® are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.