What to do if your card is lost or stolen
Please report a lost or stolen card immediately so that we can stop all transactions on your account.
- Sign in to Westpac Online Banking
- Select Services from the Services & preferences menu
- Select Report lost or stolen cards from the Urgent services options
- Sign in to Westpac Mobile Banking
- Select Services and security from the top left menu
- Select Report lost or stolen under Card services
Or, you call our Cards Customer Service Call Centre:
- 1300 651 089 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Overseas - Call the for the country you’re in to book a reverse charge call to +61 2 9155 7700 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Please note that calls made from mobile phones, public telephones or hotel rooms may attract additional charges, not covered by the reverse charge service
Card on Hold
You can also place your card on hold temporarily1 until you find it.
Visit a branch
You can also report the loss at any Westpac branch. Find your nearest branch.
How long will it take to get another card?
We will mail a replacement card to you or send it to a branch for you to collect. This will take 4 working days in metro areas and 6 working days in regional areas. Once you receive your new card, you will need to transfer any recurring payments to your new card. A courier cost of $40 will be charged to your card for overseas delivery.
Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Should any unauthorised transactions occur on your cards, Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures you'll be reimbursed in full provided you've:
- Not contributed to the loss (and complied with the card's conditions of use)
- Contacted Westpac promptly
What to do if your wallet is lost or stolen
A lost or stolen wallet or handbag can mean losing not only credit cards, but a driver's licence, mobile phone, plus car or house keys. Some tips to consider should this happen include:
- Check the for a list of other Australia-wide financial institutions and their contact details for reporting lost cards
- Reporting the loss or theft to police (call 000 or Police Help line 131 444)
- Contacting your insurance company, locksmith or mobile network provider (if keys or phone go missing too)
- Access cash without your debit card at any Westpac ATM. Just call 132 032 and ask for Emergency Cash
Things you should know
1. Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.