How to set up Siri Shortcuts
Siri Shortcuts replaces Favourite Payments in the Westpac App for iPhone. Siri uses voice commands.
You’ll need to enable Siri in your iPhone settings before setting up a shortcut. To create a Siri shortcut, tap $ and make a payment or transfer. Once complete, tap Add shortcut.
Siri Shortcuts is available in the Westpac App for iPhone (v9.0.0 and above).
To launch Siri
Say “Hey Siri”. If using iPhone X or later, press the side button then say “Hey Siri”. Make sure Siri is enabled on your phone.
Note: Siri Shortcuts isn’t currently enabled for International Payments.
Getting started with Siri
How to enable Siri
- Go to your iPhone Settings > Siri & Search
- Tap to turn on Listen for “Hey Siri”
How to create a Siri shortcuts payment
- Tap $ and make a payment or transfer
- Once complete, tap Add shortcut
- Enter a Siri command for When I say or leave as the default payment phrase
- Tap Add to Siri
How to make a Siri shortcuts payment
- Say “Hey Siri, pay Alice Smith”. If using iPhone X or later, press the side button then say “Hey Siri, pay Alice Smith”
- Edit the Amount and payment Schedule
- Add a Description (optional)
- Tap Pay
How to edit or delete a Siri shortcuts payment
- Tap $ on the bar menu
- Tap Manage and tap the shortcut you want to edit or delete
- Edit When I Say and tap Save Shortcut
- To remove, tap Delete Shortcut
You can still access your favourite payments on desktop.
Things you should know
Mobile and Tablet Banking applications are only available for use by Westpac Australia customers.
Internet connection is needed to access the Westpac App. Normal mobile data charges apply.
iPhone, Apple and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries.