Moving money between your Westpac accounts
Transferring between your accounts
- Unlimited funds transfer between your accounts.
- Safe, secure and protected by our Online Banking Security Guarantee.
- Schedule a transfer up to 24 months in advance.
- Set up recurring payments on a daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly basis up to 12 months in advance.
Did you know? You can make a payment to someone using a mobile number as a PayID?
How to transfer money between your accounts
In the Westpac App
Before trying these instructions make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
- Drag and drop from the Quick View screen before signing in or your account dashboard
- Enter the Amount
- Tap Today to enter the payment date and frequency
- Tap Done
- Tap Transfer to pay now or Schedule to pay later
In Online Banking
- Go to Payments > Transfer funds
- Select the account to transfer From
- Select the account to transfer To
- Enter the Amount, Date and Frequency
- Select Continue
- Review your funds transfer details and select Confirm
Things you should know
Read the at westpac.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is right for you.
Overseas banks may impose fees and charges or convert the currency of the payment. Westpac may not have any control over the fees, charges or foreign currency conversions imposed by these institutions. Any overseas financial institution handling charges will by default be borne by the recipient of the International Payment and deducted from the payment amount, unless otherwise organised. It is possible that the overseas bank could convert the currency of the payment at an unfavourable exchange rate. You should inform the beneficiary that, if this occurs, they should consider rejecting the payment immediately so the payment can be unwound at the prevailing exchange rate.
If you do not want the currency to be converted, please insert the words “Do Not Convert” in the description details free text box when you are making an international payment and we will onforward this instruction.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.