Enjoy the benefits of eStatements
What is an eStatement?
Westpac eStatements are an electronic version of your Westpac account’s bank statement. They hold the same information as your paper statements, but you can access them through your Online Banking or the Westpac App.
Lower your risk of identity theft by receiving your Westpac bank statements securely in your Online Banking or the Westpac App.
Paper-free statements save trees and reduce the energy used to produce and deliver that mail to you.
Store eStatements electronically instead of having paper statements lie around your home.
View eStatements anywhere, anytime, in your Online Banking or the Westpac App. Plus, you can save and print them if necessary.
Extra benefits of eStatements
Opt for eStatements without impacting your joint account holder’s preference for how they receive their statements.
7 years’ history
View up to 7 years of statement history from your phone, tablet, or computer. Simply choose the date range you need.
Review regular expenses
Receive 30, 90, 120 days or select up to one year of past account history. This is useful to show your expenses or savings history.
Handy for tax time
Your eStatements have all the interest information for the financial year to help complete your tax returns.
Things to know before you switch
How to switch to eStatements
In the Westpac App
- Search eStatements in the Smart Search bar
- Tap eStatement settings and select the account
- Tap eStatement then Update
In Online Banking
- Select Service on the menu bar
- Under Your preferences select Statement settings
- Select an Account
- Select eStatements and Save
How to view eStatements
In the Westpac App
- Search Statements in the Smart Search bar
- Tap Statements (incl. closed accounts)
- Select the Account in Active accounts
- Tap the Statement date period you want to view
- Tap the share icon to download or send a copy
In Online Banking
- Go to Overview and then Statements
- Select an Account under Active accounts
- Enter date range or select a preset range, and select Search
- Select Download PDF to view the statement
Accounts with eStatements
You’ll be able to switch to eStatements for selected accounts linked to your personal banking profile – including savings and transaction accounts1, mortgage accounts1 and credit cards2.
In some cases, eStatements aren’t available for all products so you’ll still receive paper statements. This could be because your account statement preferences are linked to a mortgage account in an offset arrangement, or there’s a permanent overdraft on the account.
Things you should know
Read the at westpac.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is right for you.
- For savings, transaction, and mortgage accounts, joint account customers are able to receive eStatements. If you’re a joint account holder and you decide to receive eStatements, your statement preference won’t impact other account holders, as statement settings are now based on individual needs.
- For credit card accounts, only the primary cardholder can elect to switch to eStatements. If you choose to stop receiving paper statements for a joint account, we’ll send an email notification only to the primary cardholder each time an eStatement becomes available for viewing in the Westpac App and Online Banking.
Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly. Refer to the Westpac Online Banking Terms and Conditions terms and conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.