Make a Home Insurance Claim
Making a claim because of the current flood event?
Our Insurance partner, Allianz, is currently experiencing an increase in customer calls and there are extended call wait times. To assist in your claim Allianz advises:
- You should photograph damaged or destroyed items before removing or throwing them away. An inventory of damaged items is helpful if available. Where Allianz have accepted your claim for a total loss and you are unable to provide proof of ownership as this was lost by the insured event, you are not required to provide Allianz with a list of insured property that was lost or damaged.
- If you wish to make a claim for temporary accommodation you should discuss your needs with Allianz during the claim lodgement process.
Before you submit a claim
- Make sure you and your property are safe. Do everything you can to prevent further loss or damage to your property.
- Contact the police on 000 if the damage is malicious, property has been stolen or your home was illegally entered.
- Contact State Emergency Services (SES) on 132 500 for fire, flood and storm emergencies.
Contact Allianz if you have damage caused by water, or require emergency repairs or urgent assistance because:
- There is no power or running water to the property.
- Local authorities will not allow you to access or live in your home.
- You're unable to close or lock all windows and doors.
- There is water damage to your home or contents.
- There is an opening in the building which allows the elements in (e.g. a hole in the roof).
Submit your claim online 24/7
Things you should know
For the standard terms, conditions and exclusions about our Home & Landlord Insurance, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and any supplementary PDS (if applicable), and the Premium, Excess, Discount and Options Guide (PED). To see some of the events covered and not covered, please refer to our Key Fact Sheets (KFS).
Home and Contents and Landlord Insurance are issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714 arranges the insurance under a distribution arrangement with Allianz Insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Before making a decision, please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement. For more information call Westpac on 1300 650 255.
A target market determination has been made for this product. Please visit www.westpac.com.au/tmd for the target market determination.