Caravan and Trailer Insurance
Australia-wide cover for when you're on the road or onsite at home.
Caravan & Trailer Insurance offers:
- Replacement of caravan or trailer - if it becomes a total loss within the first 2 years of the starting date of the original registration, it will be replaced with a new caravan or trailer of the same make, model and series if your caravan was purchased new by you at the time
- Emergency repairs – up to $500 for emergency repairs which may be necessary to enable you to tow your caravan or trailer to its intended destination after it is involved in an accident
- Temporary accommodation – up to $400 in reasonable costs of necessary temporary accommodation if your caravan or camper trailer is uninhabitable following an accident
- Legal liability – cover for your legal liability which occurs within Australia, up to $20 million for any one accident involving damage to other people’s property through the use of your caravan or trailer
- Accidental loss or damage cover Australia-wide
- Cover your caravan contents – this includes cover for your camping furniture, bedding, utensils, crockery, provisions, household goods, clothing, and personal effects all of which are carried in your caravan.
- Accidental loss or damage cover Australia wide
- Up to $500 for the cost of emergency repairs necessary to enable you to tow your caravan or trailer to its intended destination after it is involved in an accident covered by the policy
- Reasonable costs of recovery from anywhere in Australia if your caravan or trailer is stolen. The maximum payment will be the lesser of the market value of your caravan or trailer at the time it was stolen or the sum insured.
- Replacement of caravan or trailer if it becomes a total loss within the first 2 years of the starting date of the original registration, it will be replaced with a new caravan or trailer of the same make, model and series if your caravan or tailer was purchased new by you at the time
- Transportation costs necessary to return you home in the event that your caravan or trailer cannot be safely driven home after being involved in an accident. Up to $400
- Spoilage of food which is damaged by loss or damage to your caravan or trailer and cannot be eaten. Up to $200.
- Provided we agreed in writing, approved legal costs and expenses in defending any court proceedings which may arise from a claim for accidental loss, damage or liability covered by your policy
How to claim
If you need to make a claim:
- Call 1800 502 077 as soon as possible
- Write down the full names, addresses and phone number of all drivers, passengers and witnesses involved
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent any further loss or damage from occurring
- Call the police if your caravan or trailer is stolen, damaged or vandalised and get a written report
- Do not admit any liability.
Call 1800 502 077 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
It’s a good idea to obtain the event number and note the name of the police officer and police station where you made the report, or the details of those involved in the accident, as they may be needed during the processing of any claim.
Insurance claim help
If you need assistance with your claim, call 1800 502 077, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
How to apply
Things you should know
Caravan and Trailer Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank) refers clients to Allianz for their caravan and trailer insurance needs, but does not guarantee the insurance. If you take out Caravan and Trailer Insurance with Allianz, the Bank will receive a commission of 10% of the premium (exclusive of GST) and may also receive a step-up commission based on annual sales of certain general insurance products by Allianz. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply.