Planning your trip and getting ready to travel
- Ready to book your trip? Book your trip with a Westpac Rewards credit card and you could get complimentary travel insurance 3 included (make sure you read the exclusion and policy terms first)
- No matter where you are, it’s easy to find the nearest Global ATM Alliance ATM with the ATM locator in the Westpac App.
- Keep an eye on the exchange rate for where you’re going regularly before you go – if the rate is in your favour you can lock it in with a travel money card
- There are a few countries where Westpac Group cards can’t be used due to economic and trade sanctions (Cuba, Crimea, Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine, Iran, North Korea, Russia, Sudan and Syria). To arrange alternative payment options visit a Westpac branch. Find out more
- There are also some sanctioned jurisdictions where access to Westpac online services such as the Westpac App, Online Banking and Corporate Online are not available. See the full list of locations.
- Always let us know when you’re travelling overseas and where you’re going. That way we’ll be able to keep an eye out for suspicious activity.
How to notify us you’re going overseas
In the Westpac App
- Search Notify of overseas travel in the Smart Search bar
- Add travel dates, country and contact details
- Select your contact number and email while you’re away (optional)
- Tap Send notification
In Online Banking
- Go to Service > Services
- Select Notify going overseas under Card Services
- Select your departure and return dates
- Select the countries you’re travelling to
- Add your contact number and email while you’re away
- Select Notify going overseas
Or contact us by calling the number on the back of your card, or visiting your nearest branch.
While you’re away
- Getting cash out while you’re away? If you use an ATM from the Global ATM Alliance network, you won’t pay any ATM withdrawal fee. 1
- Avoid paying 3% transaction fees when using either our Westpac Lite Credit Card 2, Flex Card or our Worldwide Wallet whilst abroad.
- Use the Westpac App to easily manage any currencies you have on your travel money card on the go.
- If your card is lost or stolen while you’re away, you can lock it instantly in Online Banking or the Westpac App. You can call us from overseas to report your card lost or stolen 24/7 on +61 2 9155 7700.
- Where possible, use a PIN instead of your signature to verify credit card purchases. Westpac credit cards are protected by CardShield™, which includes fraud detection, Online Protection and CHIP security features.
Things you should know
Terms and conditions, fees and charges apply. Read the Product terms and conditions before making a decision.
4. Bonus interest: payable each month that you: make a deposit to the account, ensure the account balance is higher at the end than the beginning of the month, and keep the account balance above $0. For bonus interest qualification, a month is the period from close of business on the last business day of the prior month to close of business on the last business day of the current month.
You should read the Westpac Worldwide Wallet Product Disclosure Statement, Online Banking Terms and Conditions, and Westpac Retail and Business Banking Financial Services Guide before making a decision and consider whether these products are appropriate for you. This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before deciding to acquire these products.
A target market determination has been made for this product. Please visit westpac.com.au/tmd for the target market determination.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.