Planning your trip and getting ready to travel
- Ready to book your trip? Book your trip with a Westpac Rewards credit card and you could get complimentary travel insurance included (make sure you read the exclusion and policy terms first) 3
- No matter where in the world you are, it’s easy to find the nearest Global ATM Alliance with the Global locator in our mobile banking app
- Keep an eye on the exchange rate for where you’re going regularly before you go – if the rate is in your favour you can lock it in with a travel money card
While you’re away
- Getting cash out while you’re away? If you use a Global Alliance ATM network you won’t pay any ATM withdrawal fees 1
- Avoid paying 3% transaction fees when using one either our Westpac Lite Credit Card or our Global Currency Card whilst abroad. 2
- Download the Westpac Global Currency Card app so you can easily manage any currencies you have on your card on the go, including transferring money between different currency wallets
- If your card is lost or stolen while you’re away you can lock it instantly in the Westpac mobile banking app. You can call us from overseas to report your card lost or stolen 24/7 on +61 2 9155 7700
Things you should know
Terms and conditions, fees and charges apply. Read the Product terms and conditions before making a decision.
1. No ATM withdrawal fee at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia and over 50,000 ATMs globally via Global ATM Alliance partners. Other fees and charges may be payable.
2. A 3% Westpac Foreign Exchange Fee applies to overseas transactions in a currency other than a Supported Currency.
3. Complimentary insurance covers for Westpac issued cards: AWP Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 52 097 227 177, AFSL 245631, of 74 High Street, Toowong, QLD 4066 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708, has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac), of 275 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 which allows eligible Westpac account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the Westpac Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance Policy which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance.
Travel Insurance is issued by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance), as agent for the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 arranges the insurance as agent of Allianz, but does not guarantee the insurance. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 840KB) to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 502 077.
4. Bonus interest: payable each month that you: make a deposit to the account, ensure the account balance is higher at the end than the beginning of the month, and keep the account balance above $0. For bonus interest qualification, a month is the period from close of business on the last business day of the prior month to close of business on the last business day of the current month.
Global Currency Card:
Information is current as at 16 January 2019. You should read the Westpac Global Currency Card Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision and consider whether this product is appropriate for you. This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before deciding to acquire this product. You must be 16 years or older and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for this product. Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) is the distributor of the Product. Rev Australia Pty Ltd ACN 117 378 953 AFSL 401610 manages the Westpac Global Currency Card product for Cuscal Limited 087 822 455 AFSL 244116, an authorised deposit taking institution and a member of Visa International. Cuscal Limited is the issuer of the Product only, and does not take deposits from you. Westpac is not responsible for and does not guarantee the Product or Card, your ability to access any prepaid value or the use of this Product or Card. Amounts held on the Product do not represent a deposit with, or any other liability of Westpac or any company in the Westpac Group. Read the Online Banking Terms and Conditions at westpac.com.au Internet connection is needed to access the Westpac Global Currency Card app and Westpac Online and Mobile banking. Normal mobile data charges apply.
We support Apple iPhone iOS 6 and above and Android™ 2.3 and above. Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
BPAY is ® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
Fees and charges apply. Consider the before making a decision. Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 acts as a distributor for the Foreign Currency Notes Service, which is provided by Travelex Limited ABN 36 004 179 953 AFSL 222444. Westpac is not responsible for and does not guarantee this service. Amounts paid for foreign currency notes do not represent a deposit with, or any other liability of Westpac or any company in the Westpac Group.
BPAY^®^ is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.