Send money overseas
What do I need to send money overseas?
- A Westpac bank account registered for Online Banking and Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
- The payee name, full address and account number
- Their bank name, address, branch and SWIFT code
You may be asked to confirm the reason for the payment. Funds are normally transferred within 1-3 business days.
Westpac Fees for International Payments
Pay a lower fee when you send your International Payment in a foreign currency:
- $10 for Online Banking payment in a foreign currency
- $20 for Online Banking payment in Australian dollars
- $32 for in branch payment in any available currency
- $10 for in branch payment to Pacific Westpac accounts
Westpac can help you save on Correspondent Bank Fees
If you transact with Westpac, you will not be charged a Correspondent Bank Fee for your international payments in over 10 currencies. These include USD, NZD, EUR, GBP and INR.
Correspondent Bank and Other Banks Fees
In addition to the Westpac Fees for International Payments listed above, the amount received by the payee may be reduced by:
- Westpac’s correspondent bank (“Correspondent Bank fee”); and
- Other overseas banks involved in the international payment, including the payment recipient’s bank (“Other Banks Fees”)
This could result in the recipient receiving less than the amount you originally sent. An estimate of Sending Money Overseas - Other Banks Fees can be found here, based on the currency of the payment and the country/region the payment is being sent to.
|AUD Australian Dollars||CNY Chinese Yuan||SBD Solomon Island Dollars|
|USD US Dollars||DKK Danish Kroner||ZAR South African Rand|
|EUR Euros||FJD Fijian Dollars||*PHP Filipino Peso|
|GBP British Pounds
||HKD Hong Kong Dollars
||SEK Swedish Kroner|
|NZD New Zealand Dollars||JPY Japanese Yen||CHF Swiss Francs|
|INR Indian Rupees||NOK Norwegian Krone||*THB Thai Baht|
|*PKR Pakistani Rupees||TOP Tongan Pa'anga||BND Brunei Darussalem|
|WST Samoan Tala||AED United Arab Emirates Dirham||CAD Canadian Dollars|
|SGD Singaporean Dollars||VUV Vanuatu Vatu||PGK Papua New Guinean Kina|
*International payments made in Thai Baht (THB), Filipino Peso (PHP) and Pakistani Rupee (PKR) to any eligible country are only available for amounts of AUD $1,000 in value and above.**
**This condition is subject to change from time to time at our discretion.
Converting your funds into foreign currency lets you know the exchange rate upfront, giving you greater visibility of how much you’re sending.
Safe Online Banking guarantee
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Security Guarantee