Let us know when and where you’re going
It's a good idea to let us know when and where you're heading overseas and intend using your credit card. We'll record your travel details and monitor the security of your credit cards while you're away.
- Altitude Business Cards
- BusinessChoice & Debit Cards
Save on fees with our Global ATM Alliance Network
You can use your credit card to make purchases or withdraw cash at ATMs while you are overseas.
There’s over 50,000 Global Alliance ATMs to keep you going. If you need to take out cash from your credit card account (known as a cash advance) whilst overseas, you will pay no ATM withdrawal fees at Westpac’s Global ATM Alliance partners, including Barclays, Deutsche, Bank of America and more. Other fees and charges apply to cash advance transactions.
Be aware though that the following fees and charges are charged when withdrawing cash from ATMs overseas:
- Westpac will charge a $5 fee when you withdraw money from ATMs that are not part of our Global ATM Alliance. However, checking your account balance is free and account balances will be displayed in local currency.
- Some overseas banks may apply an additional fee for ATM withdrawals. This should be brought to your attention on the screen before you proceed with the transaction. This fee can be avoided by using one of our Global ATM Alliance partner ATMs.
A Foreign Transaction Fee is payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any Foreign Transaction.
The percentage will vary depending on the applicable credit card scheme:
(1) Transactions in foreign currency
- Visa and Mastercard®: 3.0%
(2) Transactions in Australian dollars and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is
- Visa and Mastercard: 3.0%
Check your card expiry date
Make sure your credit card isn’t due to expire while you’re overseas. If your card will expire while you’re away, give us a call before you leave.
Check your complimentary insurance
Depending on the type of credit card you have, you may be covered by complimentary overseas travel insurance*. However, it’s important you find out first if you are eligible and if you are, what you’re covered for:
Depending on your destinations and time away, this cover may not fully meet your needs.
Make sure you know how to contact us in an emergency
For lost or stolen cards:
- +61 2 9155 7700 (24/7)
Please note that calls made from mobile phones or hotel rooms may attract additional charges.
Things you should know
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.