Why BT SMSF?
As Westpac's wealth expert and one of Australia’s leading investment managers, BT is now offering a new way to establish, invest and administer your SMSF (self-managed super fund).
Build a diversified SMSF portfolio with access to an integrated BT Cash Management Account, Australian shares, managed funds, managed portfolios and term deposits.
Manage your portfolio using advanced tools, intra-day portfolio valuation, customised news and market data.
Monitor and trade on your portfolio 24/7 with our mobile app and all-in-one platform which is integrated with your online banking.
Save time with our tax reporting, compliance support (via our Optional Panorama SMSF Administration Service), accountant access and team of SMSF consultants.
At the heart of BT SMSF is the BT Panorama Investment account where you’ll have access to an integrated BT Cash Management Account plus a range of asset classes at your fingertips, including Australian shares, managed funds, BT managed portfolios and term deposits.
You can also choose to add the SMSF administration service to help you with your fund’s administration, tax and compliance. If you haven't yet set up your SMSF, we can organise that for you as well.
Everything you need in one place
- One place to establish an SMSF, invest in a wide range of investments and manage the compliance of your fund.
- A single login to transact, trade and view all your SMSF information.
- View your SMSF alongside your other accounts in Westpac Live.
Diversify your SMSF portfolio
- A range of investment options to choose from – including Australian shares, ETFs and term deposits to build your own portfolio. Plus, if you’d like a bit of help, you can choose from a wide range of professionally managed funds or managed portfolios that you can buy online in minutes, with no additional paperwork.
Make informed investment decisions
- Receive market updates customised to your portfolio.
- View real-time pricing and the latest company research and fund fact sheets.
Manage your portfolio and track your performance
- See a daily snapshot of your SMSF on one screen, including portfolio valuation, performance, asset allocation, capital, income, available cash and recent transactions.
- Add any external assets you hold outside of BT SMSF (e.g. property) to get a whole of fund view.
SMSF made easy
- Save time at end of financial year by linking your accountant so they can view your SMSF’s data, including consolidated tax reporting.
- Track your contributions and pensions to help you stay within your limits.
- Store all your important SMSF documents in your secure online document library.
See what it's like to use BT SMSF
- Our Services
- Building a diverse portfolio
- Smart SMSF Functionality
The fees below will apply once you start depositing money into your BT Cash Management Account. All fees will be deducted from your BT Cash Management Account.
When you open a BT Panorama Investments account you have a choice between a compact and full menu, each offers different investment options and have different administration fees.
A select range of term deposits, managed portfolios and managed funds are available.
A wider range of term deposits, managed portfolios and managed funds as well as access to ASX listed securities (including Shares and ETF’s).
|Administration Fee*||Administration fee – asset based. A percentage fee on your total account balance**
0.15% pa of your total account balance (up to $1million)***
Administration fee – account based. A fixed dollar fee depending on which investment menu you choose:
* Other fees, costs and charges may apply to your account such as expense recoveries (up to $80pa).
**The Administration fee – asset based applies to all assets (managed funds, managed portfolios, term deposits and listed securities) including your cash account. Listed securities are not available on the Compact menu.
***Nil on balances over $1million.
Investment costs will be charged by the product issuer of any investments in managed funds or managed portfolios you select.
Find out more about fees and costs
If you want to know a particular managed fund’s fees and costs, they are quoted in the respective Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), which is available online after opening a BT Panorama Investments account (you can open an account without needing to make a deposit).
We offer a choice of three simple administration packages – Core, Connect and Custom. So you’ll have the certainty of a flat dollar fee, plus the flexibility to add extras when you need them.
All SMSF assets are held in your BT Panorama Investments account, except for a single property.
You will hold some SMSF assets outside of your BT Panorama Investments account and/or want the option to add extra properties or have segregated assets.
From $3,500 p.a.*
You hold some more complex assets (e.g. derivatives, options, and international shares) or have a property with a related party loan.
*Ask us for a quote.
|Trust Deed replacement||$187
|Annual audit fee||$286 per audit|
|Government charges||ATO and ASIC fees|
|Additional services||We give you the flexibility to add these when you need them, so you only pay for what you need|
Get started with BT SMSF
- Our SMSF consultants are here to help answer your SMSF questions and guide you through the next steps.
- You can then browse all the investment options available online on the BT Panorama Investments platform.
- If you already have an SMSF and would like to bring over existing assets, we have a personalised concierge service to bring them across.
Things you should know
The information on this website has been prepared by BT Portfolio Services Ltd ABN 73 095 055 208 AFSL 233715 (BTPS) and is current as at July 2018. The information provided is general in nature and does not take into account your personal needs, objectives or circumstances and therefore, before acting on it, you should consider whether it is appropriate for you.
BT Portfolio Services Ltd ABN 73 095 055 208 AFSL 233715 (BTPS) operates BT Panorama Investments. Westpac Financial Services Ltd ABN 20 000 241 127 AFSL 233716 (WFSL) is the responsible entity and issuer of interests in BT Managed Portfolios. Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) is the issuer of the BT Cash Management Account (BT CMA). Together, these products are referred to as the Panorama products.
A Product Disclosure Statement or other disclosure document (PDS) for the Panorama products can be obtained by contacting BT on 1300 554 267 or by visiting www.bt.com.au/smsf. You should obtain and consider the relevant PDS before deciding whether to acquire, continue to hold or dispose of interests in the Panorama products. In addition, BTPS is the provider of the Panorama SMSF Establishment Service and the Panorama SMSF Administration Service. The Guide and Terms and Conditions for these services are available on www.bt.com.au/smsf or by calling 1300 554 267.
BTPS, BTFM and WFSL are subsidiaries of Westpac. Apart from any interest investors may have in Westpac term deposits, Westpac securities or the BT CMA acquired through the Panorama products, an investment in, or acquired using, the Panorama products is not an investment in, deposit with or any other liability of Westpac or any other company in the Westpac Group. These investments are subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment of withdrawal proceeds and loss of income and principal invested. Westpac and its related entities do not stand behind or otherwise guarantee the capital value or investment performance of any investments in, or acquired through, the Panorama products.