Why BT SMSF?
As Westpac's wealth expert and one of Australia’s leading investment managers, BT is now offering a new way to establish, invest and administer your SMSF (self-managed super fund).
Build a diversified SMSF portfolio with access to an integrated BT Cash hub, Australian shares, managed funds, managed portfolios and term deposits.
Manage your portfolio using advanced tools, intra-day portfolio valuation, customised news and market data.
Monitor and trade on your portfolio 24/7 with our mobile app and all-in-one platform which is integrated with your online banking.
Save time with our tax reporting, compliance support, accountant access and team of SMSF consultants.
At the heart of BT SMSF is the Panorama Investment account where you’ll have access to an integrated BT Cash hub plus a range of asset classes at your fingertips, including Australian shares, managed funds, BT managed portfolios and term deposits.
You can also choose to add the SMSF administration service to help you with your fund’s administration, tax and compliance. If you haven't yet set up your SMSF, we can organise that for you as well.
Everything you need in one place
- One place to establish an SMSF, invest in a wide range of investments and manage the compliance of your fund.
- A single login to transact, trade and view all your SMSF information.
- View your SMSF alongside your other accounts in Westpac Live.
Diversify your SMSF portfolio
- Trade from over 2,000 ASX listed securities, including shares and ETFs.
- Choose from over 400 professionally managed funds providing access to Australian shares, international shares, fixed interest, property and more.
- Select from more than 25 expertly managed portfolios that give you transparency, portability and control.
- Invest in a range of term deposits.
Make informed investment decisions
- Receive market updates customised to your portfolio.
- View real-time pricing and the latest company research and fund fact sheets.
Manage your portfolio and track your performance
- See a daily snapshot of your SMSF on one screen, including portfolio valuation, performance, asset allocation, capital, income, available cash and recent transactions.
- Add any external assets you hold outside of BT SMSF (e.g. property) to get a whole of fund view.
SMSF made easy
- Save time at end of financial year by linking your accountant so they can view your SMSF’s data, including a consolidated tax report.
- Track your contributions and pensions to help you stay within your limits.
- Store all your important SMSF documents in your secure online document library.
See what it's like to use BT SMSF
- Our Services
- Building a diverse portfolio
- Smart SMSF Functionality
It's free to open a BT Panorama Investments account. The fees below will apply once you start depositing money into your BT Cash account. All fees will be deducted from your BT Cash account. Fee to make contributions, withdrawals or to exit the account
BT Cash account
|Account opening fee||None|
|Fee to make contributions, withdrawals or to exit the account||None|
|Management fee||A management fee will be charged by the issuer of BT Cash, and may vary from time to time. The fee is calculated as a percentage of the average balance in the account and is charged per annum once once you start depositing money into your account.
Refer to the BT Cash PDS for details.
There are no additional fees when investing in term deposits.
Australian shares, managed funds and managed portfolios
Share trading fee
Minimum $12.50 or 0.11% of the transaction value.
Investment administration fee
A tiered percentage fee applies on the balance of your ASX listed securities, managed portfolios and managed funds holdings. This fee is tiered which means that a separate fee percentage applies to each tier of your account balance and the percentage reduces for higher balances:
|Investment balance||Fee rate|
|$0 to $250,000||0.50% p.a.|
|Over $250,000 to $500,000||0.35% p.a.|
|Over $500,000 to $1 million||0.25% p.a.|
|Over $1 million to $3 million||0.10% p.a.|
|Balance over $3 million
A minimum administration fee of $750 p.a. per account applies.
Investment costs will be charged by the product issuer of any investments in managed funds or managed portfolios you select.
Find out more about fees and costs
If you want to know a particular managed fund’s fees and costs, they are quoted in the respective Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), which is available online after opening a BT Panorama Investments account (you can open an account without needing to make a deposit).
We offer a choice of three simple administration packages – Core, Connect and Custom. So you’ll have the certainty of a flat dollar fee, plus the flexibility to add extras when you need them.
All SMSF assets are held in your BT Panorama Investments account, except for a single property.
You will hold some SMSF assets outside of your BT Panorama Investments account and/or want the option to add extra properties or have segregated assets.
From $3,500 p.a.*
You hold some more complex assets (e.g. derivatives, options, and international shares) or have a property with a related party loan.
*Ask us for a quote.
|Trust Deed replacement||$187
|Annual audit fee||$330 per audit|
|Government charges||ATO and ASIC fees|
|Additional services||We give you the flexibility to add these when you need them, so you only pay for what you need|
Get started with BT SMSF
- Our SMSF consultants are here to help answer your SMSF questions and guide you through the next steps.
- Open an account for free without needing to make a deposit. You can then browse all the investment options available online on the Panorama Investments platform.
- If you already have an SMSF and would like to bring over existing assets, we have a personalised concierge service to bring them across.
Things you should know
The information on this website has been prepared by BT Portfolio Services Ltd ABN 73 095 055 208 AFSL 233715 (BTPS) and is current as at 31 October 2016. The information provided is general in nature and does not take into account your personal needs, objectives or circumstances and therefore, before acting on it, you should consider whether it is appropriate for you.
BTPS operates BT Panorama Investments (the investor directed portfolio service operated by BTPS). BT Funds Management Limited ABN 63 002 916 458 AFSL 233724 (BTFM) is the responsible entity and issuer of interests in BT Cash and Westpac Financial Services Ltd ABN 20 000 241 127 AFSL 233716 is the responsible entity and issuer of interests in BT Managed Portfolios. An Investor Guide is available for BT Panorama Investments and a PDS is available for BT Cash and BT Managed Portfolios (the Panorama products). These disclosure documents can be obtained from BTPS by visiting www.bt.com.au/smsf or calling 1300 554 267. A person should obtain and consider the disclosure documents before deciding whether to acquire, continue to hold or dispose of interests in the Panorama products.
In addition, BTPS is the provider of the Panorama SMSF Establishment Service and the Panorama SMSF Administration Service. The Guide and Terms and Conditions for these services are available on this page above or by calling 1300 554 267.
BTPS, BTFM and WFSL are subsidiaries of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (Westpac). Apart from any interest investors may have in Westpac term deposits or securities acquired through Panorama, an investment in or acquired through Panorama is not an investment in a bank or a bank deposit. Westpac and its related entities do not guarantee an investment in or acquired through Panorama Investments.