A low cost super fund that you can conveniently manage online.
What is BT Super for Life?
Westpac has partnered with BT to help you sort out your super. BT Super for Life is a simple, low cost super fund that you can conveniently manage online alongside your everyday banking, giving you access to a range of investment options that evolve with you throughout your life.
Why BT Super for Life?
- Low-cost fees
- View and manage your super in Online Banking alongside your bank accounts
- Have one of our super specialists help you combine your super into your BT Super for Life account or simply do it online with our Easy Rollover Tool
- We will help you find your lost super
- Intelligent and easy to understand investment options
- Life insurance with option to double or triple cover within 90 days.
Your super side by side with Online Banking
View and manage your superannuation - even change investment options - alongside other bank accounts online in one, central secure place.
Exclusive offers with Benefits Now
As a BT Super for Life member you can treat yourself with exclusive offers and deals through the Benefits Now program.
Half price cinema tickets, discounted holidays and offers across a range of financial products are just some of the many benefits you can enjoy.
Australia has $16.2 billion* in lost super - have you lost yours?
If you've changed jobs, done casual or part-time work, moved house or changed your name, then you could be one of the many Australians who have lost track of some super.
We can help you track it down and combine it all into your BT Super for Life account so you'll never lose track of it again.
Three simple steps to sort out your super
- You open your account - apply online with one simple form and a couple of clicks, and we can have your account opened in just a few minutes.
- We find. As soon as you've opened your account, we can get to work on finding any super accounts you may have lost track of along the way. You don't have to lift a finger, just give us your TFN and consent and our BT super specialists will get to work.
- We help combine. Use our Easy Rollover tool to combine your super in a few, easy steps. There's no need for printing, verifying or running around after your other funds. All you need is your BT Super for Life account number, along with the details of your other funds, and we'll take care of the rest.
You can choose how your super is invested.
1. Let us invest your super based on your age
We'll do the hard work and invest your super based on your age in a Lifestage Fund. A Lifestage Fund is a well-diversified portfolio of assets designed and managed according to your age. Over time the fund will gradually shift to a more conservative asset mix. It generally does this by decreasing its allocation to growth assets and increasing its allocation to conservative assets.
2. Choose your own investment mix
If you prefer to choose your own investment mix you can select from a range of investment options: Growth, Moderate, Conservative and Super Cash.
Things you should know
The information shown on this site does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and so you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before acting on it. Any taxation position described is a general statement and should only be used as a guide. It does not constitute tax advice and is based on current tax laws and our interpretation. Your individual situation may differ and you should seek independent professional tax advice.
1. Rate is current as at 11 August 2016. Rate is subject to change at any time. The interest paid out on a BT Super for Life Super Cash investment will differ according to the following scenarios:
In a BT Super for Life Retirement or Transition to Retirement account, the interest paid will be 1.55% p.a. No tax is payable on the interest.
In a BT Super for Life Savings account, the interest paid will be 1.55% p.a. minus 15% tax. You are unable to access your benefit in this account until you're retired, reach your preservation age or meet a condition of release.
Interest rates shown are gross annualised rates before the deduction of management costs (currently nil) and earnings tax (currently 15%).
Interest rates are determined in advance and may increase or decrease at any time without notice.
Past interest rates are not an indication of future interest rates or performance.
Other fees such as performance fees and expense recoveries may apply.
* The Commissioner of Taxation Annual report 2015-16, available at ato.gov.au, reported $16.2bn in lost super as at 30 December 2015.
There is no charge for accepting any rollovers, however before requesting the rollover, you should consider where your future employer contributions will be paid (if your employer contributions are currently being paid to another fund) and check with your other fund(s) to determine whether there are any exit or withdrawal fees for moving your benefit, or other loss of benefits (e.g. insurance cover), noting that you may not receive the same type or level of benefits after the rollover. You may not be covered for injuries or illnesses that have arisen since you took out previous insurance, and you may lose loyalty benefits. There may be limited circumstances where your employer is not required to accept your Choice of Superannuation fund form e.g. if you have already exercised Super Choice in the last 12 months.
Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157, AFSL No. 233728 is the issuer of insurance cover offered through BT Super for Life. Further information about the insurance available through BT Super for Life is included in the PDS.
Superannuation is a preserved asset subject to conditions of release. You will need to satisfy a condition of release to access these funds.
BT Funds Management Limited (ABN 63 002 916 458) is the trustee of BT Super for Life which is a part of Retirement Wrap (ABN 39 827 542 991, RSE R1001327) and is the issuer of interests in BT Super for Life. You can download a for BT Super for Life. You should obtain and consider the PDS before deciding whether to acquire, continue to hold or dispose of interests in BT Super for Life.
An investment in BT Super for Life is not an investment in, deposit with or any other liability of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (Westpac), St.George Bank, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA (which are Divisions of Westpac), or any other company in the Westpac Group. It is subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment of withdrawal proceeds and loss of income and principal invested. Neither Westpac nor any other company in the Westpac Group has issued, stands behind or otherwise guarantees the capital value or investment performance of BT Super for Life.
© BT Financial Group - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation.