Setting up a recurring payment
- Recurring payments allow you to make repeat payments on a regular basis, for the same amount and a specific number of times. An example would be transferring extra money to your home loan account each payday.
- You can create them for BPAY® and Funds Transfers. They can be set up for an exact number of occurrences, for a certain date or until they’re cancelled.
- Once a recurring payment has been established, you can cancel, change the amount or place it on hold at any time.
- Recurring payments are safe, secure and protected by our Online Banking Security Guarantee
How to set up a recurring payment
In the Westpac App
Before trying these instructions make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
- Tap $ and select Payment type
- Select who to pay
- Select the account you’d like to pay From
- Enter the Amount
- Tap Schedule then select the date and how often to make the payment
In Online Banking
- Select Payment > Make a Payment
- Select Recurring Payment in Payment Details
Things you should know
Read the at westpac.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is right for you.
Overseas banks may impose fees and charges or convert the currency of the payment. Westpac may not have any control over the fees, charges or foreign currency conversions imposed by these institutions. Any overseas financial institution handling charges will by default be borne by the recipient of the international money transfer and deducted from the payment amount, unless otherwise organised. It is possible that the overseas bank could convert the currency of the payment at an unfavourable exchange rate. You should inform the beneficiary that, if this occurs, they should consider rejecting the payment immediately so the payment can be unwound at the prevailing exchange rate.
If you do not want the currency to be converted, please insert the words “Do Not Convert” in the description details free text box when you are making an international money transfer and we will on-forward this instruction.
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.