What is PayID?
- A PayID is a unique, easy to remember identifier, such as a mobile number, that is linked to an eligible account.
- Payments to PayIDs are fast Osko payments, which means they are received in near real-time, 24/7 even between customers of different banks*. Payments to PayIDs can also include a longer payment description#.
- When making a payment to a PayID, the PayID name will be displayed letting you check the payee before confirming the payment.
Receive payments to your PayID
You can register your mobile number as a PayID, then share it with people who need to pay you instead of needing to remember your BSB and account number.
Send payments to PayIDs
Payments can be made to the following PayID types: mobile number, email address, ABN (which includes ACN, ARBN and ARSN), phone number and Organisation ID.
Osko payments and payments to PayIDs are made through Westpac Online Banking and are subject to Westpac’s own real-time, fraud screening and detection and are covered by the Online Banking Security Guarantee.
How to create a PayID
A PayID is created by linking your mobile number to an eligible Westpac account.
Online Banking (Desktop)
Sign in to Westpac Online Banking, select Service > Services > Account Services > PayID/Pay to Mobile > Register.
Westpac App (Mobile)
Sign in to the Westpac App, select Self serve > Account Services > PayID/Pay to Mobile > Register.
ABN PayID registration
If you sign into Westpac Live using a Business profile, you can create an ABN PayID. So when customers need to pay you, they can use your ABN instead of your BSB and account number. PayID doesn’t replace your BSB and account number, it is just an easy way to communicate your account details.
Paying to PayIDs
Also in your Business profile in Westpac Live is the ability to pay other businesses and organisations to their PayID (mobile number, email address, ABN (which includes ACN, ARBN and ARSN), phone number and Organisation ID).
How will PayID and faster payments help my business?
Manage your cash flow better
- Get access to money fast through the receipt of cleared funds in near real-time.
- Hold onto your money longer by paying in real-time on the due date.
Reduce payment errors
PayID payments will automatically display the recipient name before you authorise the payment. This may reduce the potential for misdirected payments.
Payers will have more room to provide information to help you easily identify specific transactions. This may save time on tedious reconciliations and allow you more time to focus on your core business.
What do I need to do?
How to make a payment to a PayID
- Mobile app
What is Osko?
- Osko by BPAY® allows near real-time payments to be made between eligible accounts at participating financial institutions, 24/7 – even on weekends and public holidays.
- Payments to PayIDs are fast Osko payments.
- Payments to a BSB and account numbers will automatically be processed by Westpac Online Banking as an Osko payment if:
- you have an eligible Osko account
- your payee has an eligible Osko account and the payment is dated today (not a future dated or recurring payment)
- You will see the transaction appear with a payment method of Osko or the Osko logo when you make or receive an Osko payment.
Things you should know
*Fast or real-time payments are sent and received using Osko by BPAY® and can be addressed to either a PayID or a BSB and account number. Real-time payments require both the payer and payee to have Osko enabled accounts. Payments may take longer in some instances, such as where there is a technical interruption to the service, there is a payment to a first time payee or when the payment is caught for additional security screening.
Personal customers can send and receive fast Osko payments to and from participating financial institutions with an eligible account (i.e. a personal transaction account).
The PayID types available to you may vary depending on your customer profile. If you register your mobile as a PayID, it needs to be the same as your SMS Protect CodeTM.
When your PayID is registered, your details (including your name) will be available to people who use the service and enter your mobile phone PayID.
Westpac Live Online Banking is only available for use by Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Online and Mobile Banking. Normal mobile data charges apply.
# Up to 280 characters. Please note emojis and Chinese characters will result in an error message.
1 Online Banking Security Guarantee.
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of internet fraud, we will repay any missing funds providing you comply with our .
This includes keeping your sign-in details (including passwords, Westpac Protect™ SMS codes and SecurID® Token codes) private. The Terms and Conditions explain the features, benefits, risks, fees and charges for Online Banking. You must inform us immediately if you suspect the security of your access details has been compromised or you suspect an unauthorised transaction or potentially fraud on your accounts. Always adhere to manufacturers’ software and support to ensure your mobile devices are covered by the latest software and security updates.
BPAY® and Osko® are registered trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.