Manage your Term Deposit
Special Term Deposit offer
0.80% p.a. fixed rate for 7 months
Offer available for a limited time only on Term Deposits opened or renewed by Westpac personal customers. Available on deposits from $5,000 - $2,000,000 with interest paid monthly or at maturity. Terms and conditions apply*.
You may be eligible for a bonus rate on top of our standard rates
Why do I need to sign in to Online Banking to check my rates?
In the past our bankers may have helped you get bonus rates over the phone or in branch. Now you can find out if you’re eligible for bonus rates by signing into Online Banking.
Rates may be based on factors such as your relationship with the bank.
What’s the benefit of having interest paid monthly?
You can now choose to have your interest paid monthly on all our Term Deposits. This provides you with a regular income combined with the security of a guaranteed interest rate for the length of your term. The total interest you’ll earn won't change, no matter what payment frequency you choose.
Manage your Term Deposit online in minutes
Manage on the go
Keep tabs on your Term Deposit alongside your other accounts through Online Banking and our mobile banking app
Update your maturity or renewal instructions at any point (you don’t need to wait for your Term Deposit to mature)
Compare different rates
Easily access all available rates and terms
You can also
- Have the funds paid directly into your Westpac account (or other bank account within Australia)
- Receive notifications via email and your Online Banking Message Centre when your Term Deposit is maturing.
How to renew online
If you haven’t already registered for Online Banking, you can get set up quickly and easily. Once you’re set up, you’ll also be able to transfer funds easily and check your balance as well.
Pre Maturity instructions
Provide renewal instructions at any point during your term. If you choose to renew we will confirm your rate at maturity.
1. Select your Term Deposit in your Online Banking.
2. Update your Term Deposit instructions.
3. Save your instructions (you can update them again at any stage during your term).
At Maturity instructions
Once it has matured you have 6 business days to renew or manage your Term Deposit.
1. Sign into Online Banking and select your Term Deposit.
2. If you want to make changes, select a different rate and term.
3. Choose whether to renew or close your account and confirm your changes.
Need help sorting out Online Banking?
Things you should know
Any bonus rates offered above may only be available through Westpac Live Online Banking.
Westpac Mobile Banking applications are only available for use by Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Online Banking and the Mobile Banking app. Normal mobile data charges apply.