Unknown transactions? Here’s how to figure it out
Putting a name to a place
Businesses, like your local cafe, sometimes trade under a different name to the one they registered. So, you might not always recognise the name on your statement.
To help you identify these purchases, you can use the Look Who’s Charging feature. You’ll see more details like:
- The trading name and logo
- A map of the transaction location
- An address, phone number, and website if available
You can dispute the transaction in Online Banking or the Westpac App. If the transaction is pending, wait until it clears.
New Westpac App
- Tap the transaction to view the merchant details (if available)
- Tap Dispute transaction
- If no merchant information is available, tap Options
- Complete the details
- Select the transaction
- Select Dispute transaction
Call the merchant if you’ve been charged twice, charged the wrong amount or charged for a cancelled service. If you can’t resolve the issue, dispute it in Online Banking or the Westpac App.
Things you should know
The merchant information has been provided by Look Who's Charging. Westpac cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this information. Found a mistake or something missing in these merchant details? Send them a message.