Daily Payment Limit
Daily Payment Limit explained
- A Daily Payment Limit is the amount of money you can transact per day within Online Banking or the Westpac App.*
- This limit can help you stay in control of your everyday banking as well as increase security by limiting how much money can be moved each day from the accounts you access via Online Banking.
- The default Daily Payment Limit is $750 per day for your Online Banking if you're aged 14 years or over. If you are under 14 years old, the default Daily Payment Limit is $50 per day. The limit is shared between you and anyone who has access to make payments. If you change your Daily Payment Limit, everyone with shared access will also be able to access the modified limit.
Keeping things secure
To increase your Daily Payment Limit, you’ll need to be registered for one of our added security measures. If you haven’t already, you can either:
- Register for Westpac Protect™ Security Code online in under two minutes, or;
- Organise a SecurID® Token by calling us on 1300 655 505.
Note: For security reasons, we recommend decreasing your limit once you’ve completed any necessary transactions.
How to change your daily payment limit
In the Westpac App
Before trying these instructions make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
- Search Daily payment limit in the Smart Search bar
- Follow the prompts to enter the new limit
In Online Banking
- Go to Service > Preferences > Daily Payment Limit
- Select Update my Daily Payment Limit
- Enter your new limit or use the slider, then select Save
- Your Daily Payment Limit is now updated
Things you should know
Read the at westpac.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is right for you.
*Please refer to the Westpac Online Banking Terms and Conditions for the full list of payment methods that will consume your Daily Payment Limit. You will be advised at the time of payment if your Daily Payment Limit is being consumed.