BT Income Protection Assured
BT Protection Plans offer income protection cover across a diverse range of ages and occupations.
You can also apply for cover if you are not currently employed, or your main duty is to care for your household. BT Protection Plans offer two types of income protection cover (we call these income protection definitions):
- Own Occupation Income Protection
- Home Duties Income Protection.
Each income protection definition offers cover for a different purpose. Your financial adviser can help you choose the definition suitable for your individual needs.
Some of the key features include:
- Flexible levels of cover. You can structure your income protection cover to suit your needs, apply for an increase or decrease in cover, subject to limits, and change the definition on your policy should you need to
- Policy is guaranteed renewable (as long as premiums are met) and the monthly benefit increases annually in line with any CPI changes, unless you request otherwise
- Dedicated consultant can make any claims experience as easy as possible
- Worldwide cover - 24 hours a day
- 5% multi-policy discount applies if you’re covered by more than one eligible BT Protection Plan policy.
BT Protection Plans offer a comprehensive range of flexible insurance solutions that can provide protection throughout the different stages of your life.
Below is a summary of the different types of cover available and how they may be able to help. Please see the PDS for full terms and conditions.
|Type of cover||How it can help|
|Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD)||
1. Needlestick Benefit and Children's Benefit Policies are only available if you hold another Protection Plans Policy.
Please note: Living Insurance, Business Overheads, Needlestick Benefit and Children's Benefit are not available within superannuation, however these benefits can be added as a linked policy and held outside superannuation.
Need business insurance?
Things you should know
Note this information provided is for new applicants only. Existing customers should refer to their Policy Schedule for Terms and Conditions relating to their individual policy.
A target market determination has been made for Protection Plans products. Please visit westpac.com.au/tmd for any of our target market determinations.
The Insurer and Issuer is Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 AFSL 233728, except for Term Life as Superannuation, Income Protection as Superannuation and Income Protection Assured as Superannuation, issued by BT Funds Management Limited ABN 63 002 916 458 AFSL 233724 as Trustee of Retirement Wrap ABN 39 827 542 991. They are subsidiaries of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714, who does not guarantee the insurance.