What does Renters cover?
Renters Contents Insurance covers your personal belongings at your home such as furniture, computers, TVs, clothes, shoes, handbags – even your BBQ.
Cover when you’re moving house
14 days cover for loss or damage caused by an insured event at your new and old address from the date you start to move.
Emergency contents storage
Payments to move and store your contents for up to 12 months if your home building is damaged by an insured event and unable to be lived in.
Food or medicine spoilage
Replacement of lost perishable food or medicine if your refrigerator or freezer breaks down.
Cover up to $2,000 for items intended to be kept outside like your barbeque, outdoor furniture and kid’s play equipment.
Replacement of personal items at your home like furniture, white goods, electronics, computers, clothing and shoes up to the sum insured.
What’s not covered
Wear and tear
Wear and tear including depreciation, gradual deterioration, wear and tear or lack of maintenance.
Inherent defects including faulty design or materials, structural defects or poor workmanship.
Illegal contents or personal effects which are acquired illegally or are illegally held.
For full details, of the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply please read the , the , and the Home Building and Home Contents Key Fact Sheets (KFS) before making a decision to purchase the insurance.
How much cover is enough?
It’s important to have the right amount of insurance to cover the cost of replacing your belongings in today’s dollars if the unexpected happens. If you don’t have enough, you may have to cover some of the cost yourself and if you have too much you may only be paid an amount that covers your loss.
Our Home Contents Calculator works as a guide to help you estimate the replacement value of your belongings.
Details on the benefits paid for your contents sum insured are available in the PDS. Calculators on our website are intended as a guide only.^
Add optional cover
Tailor your cover to suit you. Add any of these optional covers for an additional fee and greater peace of mind.
Protection against accidental and unexpected mishaps – giving you greater coverage for your home and/or contents.
Protect items like mobile phones, cameras and engagement rings when you’re away from home. You’re also covered if you’re overseas, for up to 120 continuous days.
You’re covered if an electrical current damages or destroys your household electrical motors, like those contained in fridges, air-conditioners, pool pumps and garage doors.
Why choose Westpac Renters Insurance?
Side by side banking
See your insurance policies online alongside your other Westpac accounts.1
Flexible payment options
Manage your budget with the option to pay by the month at no extra cost.2
Cover your personal belongings against major events including fire, storms, flood & theft.
We’re here with you every step of the way
1. Get a quote online
Get a quote online. You can also buy over the phone with one of our friendly consultants.
2. Check or change your policy
We are here to help with your insurance needs. We also have optional cover to give you a greater flexibility of cover. Give us a call on 1300 650 255.
3. Make a claim
You can lodge a claim online and get instant lodgement confirmation. Find out more about how to make a claim.
Frequently asked questions
If you buy Westpac Home and Contents Insurance, your insurer will be Allianz Australia Insurance Limited. This means if you need to make a claim, Allianz will be there for you to help you get back on track as soon as possible. For more information about Westpac’s distribution arrangement with Allianz, see the disclaimer below and our .
Things you should know
1. Only primary policyholders can see policies alongside their other Westpac accounts.
2. Instalment premiums If you choose to pay your premium by instalments you do not pay us any more than if you pay your premium in one lump sum annually. The premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding. Note: Your financial institution may apply transaction fees to instalment payments.
3. Online discount When you buy a new home insurance policy online a discount of up to 10% is applied to your first year’s premium including for Flood and the following optional covers (if selected); Accidental damage, Motor Burnout and Portable Contents. This discount is not applied on renewal.
4. Minimum premiums If you are eligible for more than one discount, Allianz applies them in a predetermined order. This means any subsequent discount will be applied to the reduced premium amount after applying any prior discounts and the effect of the subsequent discount will be reduced. For example, the aggregate effect of applying two 10% discounts consecutively means that you will not see the full benefit of both these discounts. Discounts do not apply to taxes or government charges. Discounts do not apply to optional covers for Domestic/Landlord workers’ compensation (if available and selected). Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and may only apply to the extent that any minimum premium is not reached.
For the standard terms, conditions and exclusions about our Home & Landlord Insurance, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and any supplementary PDS (if applicable), and the . To see some of the events covered and not covered, please refer to our Key Fact Sheets (KFS).
Home and Contents Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714 (the Bank) arranges the insurance under a distribution agreement with Allianz Insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Before making a decision, please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement. For more information call 1300 650 255.
A target market determination has been made for this product. Please visit www.westpac.com.au/tmd for the target market determination.
- How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
- How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.