Landlord Extras customers
Have you lost rental income as your tenant has been financially impacted by COVID-19 and cannot pay their rent? You may be able to claim under your Optional Landlord Extras cover, see the Landlord Extras COVID-19 claims FAQs to learn more.
Rent default cover
We’re not currently offering Landlord Extras cover, which includes cover for loss of rent due to default by tenants, to new or existing Landlord Insurance customers. There may be other insurance options available to suit your requirements; please refer to the Insurance Council of Australia for a list of alternative providers.
Benefits of Westpac Landlord Insurance
Our cover comes with an automatic safety net in case repair or replacement costs are higher than expected1
Flexible payment options
Manage your budget – pay by the month at no extra cost^
24/7 claims support
We’ll do what we can to help support you every step of the way
Our types of insurance
Things you should know
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
* Quote and buy online and save 15% off your annual premium for the first year with promotional code COVER. Plus, save 10% when you combine building and contents at the same address under the one policy.
^ Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments due to rounding, and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
1. Safety net of between 5% and 20% of your sum insured, depending on your type of cover.
3. A Landlord Extras claim will only be paid if you’re able to provide certain documents and evidence such as:
• A written rental agreement
• A documented booking confirmation (for casually-let properties)
• Documented property inspection reports.
The rental agreement should state the term of the lease, the amount of rent and bond payable by the tenant/s.
Landlord Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (except workers compensation cover where applicable). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 distributes the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the Product Disclosure Statement to see if this insurance is right for you.