Skip to main content Skip to main navigation
Skip to access and inclusion page Skip to search input

Why insure through Westpac?

One less step

Sort out your insurance and banking together.

Flexible payment options

No extra cost to pay by the month so you can better manage your budget.2

All in one place

See your insurance policies next to your bank accounts in the App.1

Comprehensive cover

Insure your investment property for storm damage, floods and bushfires.*

$125 eGift card

Purchase a new eligible Home Insurance policy, with a minimum premium of $750, before 12th August and get a $125 eGift card. Terms and conditions apply


Cover options explained

Landlord Building Insurance

Landlord Building Insurance covers your investment property’s physical structures, fixtures and built-in appliances like hot water systems and air-conditioners. It may be a condition of your investment home loan, unless you’re purchasing a strata property or vacant land. 

Landlord Contents Insurance

You can also cover items that you have provided for your tenant like furniture, carpet, appliances – and even the BBQ with Landlord Contents Insurance.

More about Landlord Insurance


3 important questions about landlord insurance for borrowers

When do I need insurance?

Insurance may be required at different times depending on the property’s location, the type of property and terms of your purchase contract, so it’s important to find out when you might need it.

IMPORTANT: Speak to your conveyancer or lawyer to confirm what applies to your circumstances.

How do I get insurance?

Our helpful guides take the guesswork out of discovering what insurance, and how much cover, you may need.

I have insurance, what happens next?

Before your loan can settle, you may need to provide a copy of your building insurance certificate, unless you’re covered by strata or buying vacant land. You can either upload it to online banking or send a copy to your lender. The final steps of the loan application process are:

  • Sign your loan documents
  • Provide any outstanding information 
  • Settle and get the keys!

How much cover do I need?

Use the calculators as a guide^ to help understand how much insurance cover you might need to rebuild your investment property or replace the contents you’ve provided for your tenant in the event of a flood, fire, storm, or natural disaster*.

Home Building Insurance calculator

Estimate the cost to rebuild your investment property with the Home Building Insurance calculator.

Landlord Contents Insurance calculator

Estimate the replacement value of the contents you provide for your tenants with the Landlord Contents Insurance calculator.

Things you should know

#Buy an eligible home, contents or landlord insurance policy between 20/05/2024 and 12/08/2024 to receive a $125 eGift card after day 60 of your insurance policy being active. T&Cs apply, including a minimum premium of $750. Full T&Cs can be found here.

^The Building and Contents calculators, provided by Allianz through a third-party provider, are intended as a guide only. For a more accurate rebuilding or replacement cost, consider obtaining a professional valuation from a licensed builder or professional valuer.

*72 hour exclusion period may apply. Allianz doesn’t provide cover for any loss of or damage to your property caused by cyclone, flood, grassfires and bushfires, during the first 72 hours after you first purchase a policy or increase your cover under an existing policy. For full details of conditions and exclusions please refer to the relevant PDS.

1Policy holders need to ensure their personal details on their policy match with their Westpac accounts. Only primary policyholders can see policies alongside their other Westpac accounts.

2Instalment premiums: If you choose to pay your premium by instalments you do not pay any more than if you pay your premium in one lump sum annually. The premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding. Note: Your financial institution may apply transaction fees to instalment payments.

For the standard terms, conditions and exclusions about Landlord Insurance, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and any supplementary PDS (if applicable). To see some of the events covered and not covered, please refer to the Key Fact Sheets (KFS).

Landlord Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714 (the Bank) arranges the initial issue of the insurance under a distribution agreement with Allianz, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Before making a decision, please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement. For more information call 1300 650 255.

If you take out Home and Contents or Landlord Insurance with Allianz the Bank will receive a commission of up to 12% of the premium, excluding Government fees and charges, plus GST.

A target market determination has been made for this product. Please visit for the target market determination.

By selecting 'Get a quote' you will enter a third-party site hosted by Allianz. Any personal information you provide to Allianz’s hosted site will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with Allianz’s Privacy Statement and Privacy Policy.

Westpac's Privacy Statement is available at or by calling 132 032 8am – 8pm Sydney time, 7 days. It covers:

  • How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
  • How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
  • How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.