Am I covered by compulsory third party insurance?
A greenslip or Compulsory Third Party Insurance (CTP) is a legal requirement for vehicles registered in Australia. In NSW, ACT and Queensland you have a choice of third party insurer.
Your greenslip covers injury to other people when your vehicle is involved in an accident. Your greenslip does not cover damage to property, other vehicles or to your vehicle. Nor does the greenslip cover theft.
What are my Motor Insurance options?
- Comprehensive Cover
- Third Party Property Damage Cover only
Review your options
My car is worth more than $5,000
You may want to consider Comprehensive Cover. This cover protects your vehicle for accidental loss or damage with a choice of agreed value or market value cover. If you purchase this cover, you are automatically covered for Third Party Property Damage Cover.
My car is worth less than $5,000
You may want to look at the following insurance option and pay a lower premium than Comprehensive Cover.
Third Party Property Damage Cover - cover if you damage other people's property and you're legally liable for accidental property damage.
- Legal liability, including supplementary bodily injury up to $20 million
- Legal liability up to $20 million for loss and damage while using a substitute vehicle
- Legal costs in defending claims covered by the policy
This cover also provides up to $5,000 for loss or damage to your vehicle arising from an accident caused by the driver of an uninsured vehicle including the cost of protection, removal and towing.
Need some help?
Things you should know
Westpac Motor Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 arranges the insurance as agent of Allianz, but does not guarantee the insurance. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the and the to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 502 077.
* The online discount applies to new Comprehensive Motor Insurance policies only. Any online discounts offered are applied to our standard rates (excluding optional covers) and are for the first year’s premium only (unless otherwise stated). Promotional or other discounts may apply from time to time for customers who apply for insurance via other methods.
- How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
- How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.