Skip to main content Skip to main navigation
Skip to access and inclusion page Skip to search input

What if something happens to my car?

Am I covered by compulsory third party insurance?

A greenslip or Compulsory Third Party Insurance (CTP) is a legal requirement for vehicles registered in Australia. In NSW, ACT and Queensland you have a choice of third party insurer.

Your greenslip covers injury to other people when your vehicle is involved in an accident. Your greenslip does not cover damage to property, other vehicles or to your vehicle. Nor does the greenslip cover theft.

The below are summaries only. For the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of cover, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) (PDF 375KB) and the Premium, Excess, Discount and Options Guide (PED) (PDF 81KB)

What are my Motor Insurance options?

  • Comprehensive Cover
  • Third Party Property Damage Cover only

Review your options

View motor insurance.

My car is worth more than $5,000 

You may want to consider Comprehensive Cover. This cover protects your vehicle for accidental loss or damage with a choice of agreed value or market value cover. If you purchase this cover, you are automatically covered for Third Party Property Damage Cover.

My car is worth less than $5,000 

You may want to look at the following insurance option and pay a lower premium than Comprehensive Cover.


Third Party Property Damage Cover - cover if you damage other people's property and you're legally liable for accidental property damage.


  • Legal liability, including supplementary bodily injury up to $20 million
  • Legal liability up to $20 million for loss and damage while using a substitute vehicle
  • Legal costs in defending claims covered by the policy


This cover also provides up to $5,000 for loss or damage to your vehicle arising from an accident caused by the driver of an uninsured vehicle including the cost of protection, removal and towing.


Things you should know

Allianz may agree with you to use a repairer (other than the one you selected), or pay you reasonable repair costs. We will act reasonably in doing so.

3 Reduce your premium by listing your drivers. If you choose to reduce your premium by naming drivers on your policy, an unnamed driver will incur a $2,500 excess (this replaces the basic and all other excesses where applicable). Minimum premiums may apply. Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you are eligible for more than one, each of them are applied in a predetermined order to the premium (excluding taxes and government charges) as reduced by any prior applied discounts/entitlements. Discounts may not be applied to the premium for optional covers.

Westpac Motor Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 arranges the insurance as agent of Allianz, but does not guarantee the insurance. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) (PDF 375KB) and the Premium, Excess, Discount and Options Guide (PED) (PDF 81KB) to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 502 077 if you would like to understand more about Westpac Car Insurance product features.
If you take out Motor Insurance with Allianz the Bank will receive a commission of up to 12% of the premium (exclusive of GST).

A target market determination has been made for this product. Please visit for the target market determination.

By clicking on Get a quote you will enter a third party site hosted by Allianz. Any personal information you provide to Allianz’s hosted site will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with Allianz’s Privacy Statement and Privacy Policy.

Westpac's Privacy Statement is available at or by calling 132 032 8am – 8pm Sydney time, 7 days. It covers:

  • How you can access the personal information Westpac holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
  • How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Westpac and how Westpac will deal with your complaint; and
  • How Westpac collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.