Response to Virgin Australia's Voluntary Administration Announcement
If you currently use one of our credit cards to earn Velocity Points, either directly or by converting your Altitude Points, rest assured we’re working closely with Velocity Frequent Flyer to minimise any disruption. The Altitude Velocity rewards program is currently not available when applying for a new Altitude credit card. You can find our more at our FAQ page.
Westpac Altitude credit cards offer you a choice between two great rewards programs - Altitude Rewards or Altitude Qantas.
Our Black cards offer our highest level of rewards. You can choose to earn uncapped Altitude Points or Qantas Points on our Altitude Black cards.
If you have a Westpac Singapore Airlines credit card you can also earn Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer miles directly.
- Altitude Points – earn Altitude points and you can redeem your points on over 2,000 rewards including premium brand and lifestyle products, gift vouchers and frequent flyer points in a range of airline programs
- Qantas Points – earn Qantas Points and you can redeem your points for flights and upgrades (where available) on Qantas, Jetstar and 35 partner airlines, and Qantas Store items
- Singapore Airlines– Earn KrisFlyer miles and redeem your miles for flights on Singapore Airlines and 20 airlines partners.
Earning Altitude Points
With an Altitude Points earning card, you can earn Altitude Points with every eligible purchases and redeem them for premium brands and lifestyle products, gift cards and frequent flyer points in a range of airline programs.
|Altitude Platinum||Altitude Black|
3 points per $1 spend on the first $10,000 per calendar month on flights purchased directly in Australia from Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin Australia2
2 points per $1 spend on Spotify Premium, Uber, Uber Eats and Airbnb3 plus overseas transactions
1 point per $1 spend on all other eligible purchases1
6 points per $1 spend on the first $10,000 per calendar month on flights purchased directly in Australia from Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Australia, Emirates and Singapore Airlines2
2 points per $1 spend at David Jones, Myer, The Iconic, Spotify Premium, Uber, Uber Eats and Airbnb3
1.25 points per $1 spend on all other eligible purchases1
|Visa Card||1 point per $1 spend||n/a|
|Maximum points earn per statement cycle||Uncapped
See altituderewards.com.au to find out what you can redeem your Altitude Points for.
Earning Altitude Points1 (no longer for sale credit cards)
With an Altitude Points earning card, you can earn Altitude Points with every eligible purchase and redeem them for premium brands and lifestyle products, gift cards and frequent flyer points in a range of airline programs.
|Altitude Platinum Plus||Altitude|
1 point per $1 spend
|1 point per $1 spend|
1 point per $1 spend
1 point per $1 spend
|Maximum points earn per statement cycle||Uncapped||5,000 points|
Earning Velocity Points4
|Altitude Velocity Platinum||Altitude Velocity Black|
|0.5 Velocity Points per $1 spend||0.75 Velocity Points per $1 spend|
|Maximum points earn per statement cycle||Uncapped||Uncapped|
Earning Qantas Points5
With a Qantas Points earning card, you can earn and redeem points for flights on Qantas and its partner airlines on eligible purchases.
|Altitude Qantas||Altitude Qantas Platinum||Altitude Qantas Black|
|n/a||0.5 Qantas points per $1 spend||0.75 Qantas points per $1 spend|
|Visa Card||0.5 Qantas points per $1 spend||0.5 Qantas points per $1 spend||n/a
|Maximum points earn per statement cycle||2,500 points||Uncapped||Uncapped|
Earning Qantas Points (no longer for sale credit cards)
Qantas Points earned on eligible purchases posted to your Card Account can be redeemed for flights, upgrades and rewards from the online Qantas store.
|Earth||Earth Platinum||Earth Platinum Plus||Earth Black|
|Mastercard||0.4 points per $1 spend||0.5 points per $1 spend||0.5 points per $1 spend||0.625 points for each $1 spend|
|Maximum points earn per cycle||2,500 points||3,750 points||3,750 points||Uncapped|
See qantas.com/frequentflyer to find out what you can redeem your Qantas Points for.
|Altitude Qantas Platinum Plus||Altitude Business Qantas Gold|
|Visa Card||0.5 Qantas points per $1 spend||0.5 Qantas points per $1 spend|
|Maximum points earn per statement cycle||Uncapped||10,000 points|
Earning Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer miles6
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer miles can be redeemed for flights on Singapore Airlines and more than 20 airline partners.
|Card type||KrisFlyer miles earned per $1 spent on eligible purchases|
|Singapore Airlines Westpac Gold||0.5
|Singapore Airlines Westpac Platinum||Within Australia: 0.5
Outside Australia: 1.5
Find out what you can redeem your KrisFlyer miles at singaporeair.com/krisflyer.
When will you not earn rewards points?
You don’t earn reward points on:
- Cash advances and cash equivalents
- Balance transfers
- Government charges (other than the GST payable in connection with the purchase of goods or services which you earn points for)
- Interest, bank fees and charges (including any GST payable on any of these)
- BPAY payments (bill payments)
- Payments to the Australian Taxation Office
- Amounts when your card is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances
Please refer to your cards’ Conditions of Use and the Altitude Terms and Conditions for more information.
Things you should know
1. Altitude Points & eligible purchases: How you earn and redeem Altitude Points is subject to the . Eligible Purchases include purchases made on your card account, but exclude payments to the Australian Taxation Office, interest, fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY and BPAY equivalent transactions, refunds and balance transfers. Excludes Altitude Qantas and Altitude Velocity.
2. Accelerated Earn - Flights: Applies only to flights purchased in Australia directly from the above listed participating airlines using your Altitude Black Mastercard or Altitude Platinum Mastercard. Excludes flights not purchased directly with the participating airlines in Australia, for example flights purchased through a travel agent, online aggregators or other airlines such as a code-share etc. Excludes Altitude Qantas and Altitude Velocity cards. Participating airlines are subject to change.
3. Accelerated Earn - Shop, Stream, Ride and Stay: Applies only to domestic spend made in Australian dollars or any other currency (and converted to Australian dollars) using your card or card account with a Merchant who is located in Australia. Excludes Altitude Qantas and Altitude Velocity. Participating merchants are subject to change.
5. Qantas points: The earning and redemption of Qantas Points is subject to the and . You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem points in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
6. Kris Flyer Miles: The earning and redemption of KrisFlyer miles is subject to the . You must be a member of the KrisFlyer programme to earn and redeem miles in accordance with the terms and conditions of the KrisFlyer programme.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.