Balance transfer card
Why take out a balance transfer?
Want to simplify your credit card repayments and save on interest? With a balance transfer to a Westpac credit card, you could:
- Move your debt to one card and pay no interest for a set period of time on the balance transferred #
- Reduce multiple repayments and card fees to one regular monthly repayment and set of fees
- Use SmartPlan to plan your balance transfer repayments and keep your card's interest-free days, when you pay your closing statement balance (excluding the SmartPlan balance) and minimum monthly SmartPlan repayment. 1
Low Rate Card
An everyday low rate credit card with no annual fee for the first year (saving $59).+
Special balance transfer offer
Pay no interest for 2 years on balance transfers requested at card application (a 1% balance transfer fee applies). After 2 years, the rate switches to the variable cash advance rate.#
Things you should know
In respect of Westpac credit card applications started after 1 March 2019:
- All approved credit cards will be Mastercard branded
- The “55 Day Classic” card will be withdrawn from sale and replaced by the “Westpac Low Fee” card, and
- The “55 Day Platinum” card will be withdrawn from sale and replaced by the “Westpac Low Fee Platinum” card
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Offers are not available in conjunction with any special offers that are not listed on www.westpac.com.au. Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are ineligible. Offer may be withdrawn or extended at any time. Terms and conditions available on request.
Be credit savvy: Before applying, consider a realistic credit limit and check all conditions, interest rates, fees and charges on your selected card.
#Balance transfer promotion: This offer is available when you apply for a new Low Rate credit card between 28th November 2018 and midnight 2nd April 2019, and request at card application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-Westpac Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. A balance transfer fee of 1% of the transferred balance(s) will be charged to the account on the same day the balance(s) are debited to the account. The promotional rate will apply to balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 80% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period. Activating your card triggers the processing of the balance transfer. The applicable variable cash advance rate will apply to any unpaid balance transfer amount remaining at the end of the promotional period. We will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). Interest free days do not apply to credit cards with balance transfers.
+No annual card fee in the first year promotion: The first year annual card fee waiver is available when you apply for a new Low Rate or Altitude Platinum card between 28th November 2018 and 2nd April 2019. The first annual card fee will be debited on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter.
1 SmartPlan Disclaimer: SmartPlan requires monthly payments to be made for the term calculated and at the applicable interest rate when the SmartPlan is entered into. All payments made to your account will be applied first to any SmartPlan instalments, so debts accruing a higher interest rate may be left unpaid during the SmartPlan term. Your balance transfer must have a maximum of 36 months and a remaining term of at least 3 months to be eligible for a SmartPlan. See SmartPlan for more details. SmartPlan cancellation takes up to 2 Business Days. Any SmartPlan Remaining Balance will revert to the variable interest rate for your balance type or special offer rate as applicable. Fees may apply with some SmartPlans.
Westpac is the credit provider and credit licensee under National Consumer Credit Laws.
4. Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.