Why bank with Westpac
More ways to access your money
- No ATM withdrawal fee at over 3,000 Westpac Group ATMs in Australia and NZ
- No ATM withdrawal fee 1 at over 50,000 ATMs via Global ATM Alliance partners (3% foreign transaction fee applies)
- Forgotten your wallet? Withdraw cash using your smartphone from over 3000 Westpac Group ATMs without your debit card. Get a cash code through mobile banking or call us on 132 032
Award winning Online Banking
- Manage your account with ease online, mobile or tablet
- View your Westpac accounts as well as or banks and institutions in one place - including eBay, PayPal, rewards schemes, store cards, loans and mortgages
- Westpac Live was ranked #1 Mobile Banking app in the world in 2016 by Forrester Research (Global Mobile Banking Functionality Benchmark).
Switch to Westpac
Once you've opened an account with us, switching your banking across is as easy as 1,2,3.
We're here to help you
- Extensive branch network throughout Australia
- Our branch staff speak over 40 languages between them
How we protect you
- Westpac Fraud Money back Guarantee ensures that any unauthorised transaction claims will be reimbursed provided that the account holder has not contributed to the loss and contacted us promptly 3
- Safe Online Banking with our
Open an account online today
Open a Westpac Choice account, our most popular - and award winning - bank account.
Things you should know
This information does not take your personal circumstances into account. Read the terms and conditions above and decide whether the product is appropriate for you.
1. A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available at westpac.com.au/unstoppableyou. It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®.
2. Get up to $500 per day and a maximum of $1,000 per week.
3. If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud we guarantee to refund any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions.
Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Mobile Banking app. Normal mobile data charges apply.
Westpac Debit Mastercard ® is only available to customers who are 16 years or over and have an Australian residential address.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.