Why bank with Westpac
More ways to access your money
- Pay no withdrawal fee at any major bank ATM in Australia (including Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA)
- No ATM withdrawal fee 1 at over 50,000 ATMs via Global ATM Alliance partners (3% foreign transaction fee applies)
- Withdraw cash using your phone from any Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM
- Manage your account with ease online, mobile or tablet
- View your Westpac accounts as well as or banks and institutions in one place - including eBay, PayPal, rewards schemes, store cards, loans and mortgages
- Proof of Balance
- Manage Card PIN
- Card on Hold
- Cardless Cash
- Password reset
- Security Guarantee
- Quick Balance
Switch to Westpac
Once you've opened an account with us, switching your banking across is as easy as 1,2,3.
We're here to help you
- Extensive branch network throughout Australia
- Our branch staff speak over 40 languages between them
How we protect you
- Westpac Fraud Money back Guarantee ensures that any unauthorised transaction claims will be reimbursed provided that the account holder has not contributed to the loss and contacted us promptly
- Safe Online Banking with our
Things you should know
This information does not take your personal circumstances into account. Read the terms and conditions above and decide whether the product is appropriate for you.
1. A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available at westpac.com.au/unstoppableyou. It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®.
2. Get up to $500 per day and a maximum of $1,000 per week.
3. If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud we guarantee to refund any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions.
Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Mobile Banking app. Normal mobile data charges apply.
Westpac Debit Mastercard ® is only available to customers who are 16 years or over and have an Australian residential address.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.