Getting the most out of a Westpac Choice account
Our Westpac Choice everyday transaction account is designed to make accessing your money easy. That’s why we offer a variety of ways to access your cash.
Getting cash out at an ATM
With a Westpac Debit Mastercard® linked to your Choice account, pay no ATM withdrawal fee at any major bank ATM in Australia (including Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA) and the ATMs via the Global ATM Alliance and partner ATMs (other fees may apply).
How easy is it to locate an ATM?
We’ve taken the hard work out of tracking down our nearest ATM to you, thanks to our Westpac mobile banking app. Just go to your phone, tap on our app and select the ATM locator and it’ll bring up the Westpac Group ATMs to you.
Don’t have the Westpac mobile banking app on your phone? Find out more about downloading it
There’s more to our ATMs than getting out cash …
Other ways we’re making it easier to manage your money at ATMs include the ability to:
- Make deposits at eligible ATMs with or without a card. Find out more at ATM Features page
- Withdraw cash without your card using Cardless Cash
- Availability of multilingual ATMs that let you use them not only in English but also in other languages. Check the details at Accessibility page
No card? No worries!
Heading out and leaving your wallet behind is no longer the drama it once might have been, thanks to Cardless Cash. Now you can get cash out from an ATM without needing your debit card – instead you can generate a cash code from the Westpac mobile banking app and use it at an ATM to get out cash (just follow the prompts on the screen).
And if a friend or family member gets stranded without cash, you can generate a cash code and send it to them via SMS, so they won’t get caught without either.
Getting cash out overseas
If you don’t have to pay ATM withdrawal fees in Australia, why should you pay them overseas? Thanks to the Global ATM Alliance, you don’t have to.
When you get cash out at one of the Global Alliance ATMs worldwide, you won’t be charged a withdrawal fee. And just like at home, you can use the Westpac mobile banking app ATM locator to find the nearest Global Alliance ATM to where you are – you can even track it down before you leave home.3
Send money to friends using Pay to Mobile
Getting money to a friend in Australia is easier than ever with Pay to Mobile – all you need is their Australian mobile number and for them to have an Aussie bank account. And if you’re a Westpac customer, you can nominate a Westpac account (such as your Westpac Choice account) and get any payments made using Pay to Mobile paid straight into your account.
Easy ways to keep tabs on your balance and transfer money
- With Quick balance, you can find out the balance of your Westpac Choice account with just a simple swipe from the app – you don’t even need to sign in
- You can use Quick Transfer to move money between your accounts by simply dragging and dropping the amount between accounts (we’ve got security covered as well – you authorise the transfer using your PIN or fingerprint)
- If you want to check on recent transactions, just tap on the Quick Balance tiles to see your last 5 transactions from the past 14 days.
Using our mobile banking app to manage your account
- If you’ve lost your card or think it’s been stolen, you can use the app to lock it in seconds until you find it.4 After 15 days your card will automatically unlock (unless you’ve unlocked it earlier) Find out more about Card on Hold
- Heading overseas? No need to give us a call – just use the app to give us the details of where you’re going and for how long. That way we can keep an eye on your accounts for any suspicious activity. Find out more about how to do this here
Things you should know
This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
Read the terms and conditions located at westpac.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the products mentioned are appropriate for you.
1. Customers must be 16 or older and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for a Debit MasterCard®. If you’re not eligible, you may be offered a Handycard to access your account.
2. Get up to $500 per day and a maximum of $1000 per week , subject to account daily maximum limits. Only available at Westpac ATMs in Australia.
4. Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services. Daily and weekly limits apply. See Westpac Emergency CashTM and Westpac Get CashTM Terms and conditions for details.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.