Westpac Choice Joint Account
Why Westpac Choice joint account?
- You can both get a Debit Mastercard®
Use your Debit Mastercard ®1 to shop securely online, access cash at ATMs and use PayPass™ to tap and go on purchases under $100.
- There’s no monthly service fee when you deposit at least $2,000 each month
Such as having both your salaries paid into your joint account (other fees apply)
- ATM Network
Pay no withdrawal fee at any major bank ATM in Australia (including Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA) and over 50,000 ATMs globally via the Global ATM Alliance and partner ATMs (other fees may apply) 2
Who can open a joint account?
Both account holders need to be:
- 12 years or older
- Currently living in Australia and have an Australian residential address.
Award winning mobile banking
Our mobile banking app was rated among the best in the world in 2017
Withdraw cash using your phone from any Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM3
Get $50 on us!
Get $50 with a new Westpac Choice everyday bank account.
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|ATM cash withdrawals in Australia (ATM providers may charge a fee – watch out for that!)||$0|
|Account overdrawn fee||$15|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a Global Alliance Partner ATM (for more information on Global Alliance Partners see Accessing your accounts overseas)||$0|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located outside Australia||3% of the AUD transaction amount|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located in Australia||2.2% of the AUD transaction amount|
Card on hold
Can’t find your card? Don’t panic, you can temporarily lock it in seconds with Card on Hold while you search5.
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Shop securely with your debit card. We’ve got your back with 24/7 fraud monitoring and our Fraud Money Back Guarantee6.
Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
Increase your security when banking online by using your mobile phone to confirm certain transactions via text messages.
Safe Online Banking guarantee
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions.
eStatements for Joint Accounts
Protect yourself and lower the risk of ID theft by receiving eStatements securely within Online and Mobile Banking.
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions and consider whether the product or service is right for you. Fees and charges apply and may change.
1. Debit Mastercard: You need to be at least 14 years of age to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2. Global ATM: A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available. Excludes American Express® cards. It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®.
3. Cardless cash: Cardless cash is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Get Cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App. You’ll also need the Westpac Mobile Banking app (version 6.1 or above) installed on your iPhone.
4. Google Pay: Read the Google Pay Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. Available for eligible cards. To use Google Pay you will need to use a compatible device with a supported operating system.
5. Card on hold: Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
6. Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee: Customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly.
# $50 Offer: Fees and charges apply. Read the terms and conditions available at westpac.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is right for you. To be eligible for the $50 offer you must: open a new Westpac Choice account online between 7/10/2020 and 28/01/2021, or in branch if you’re under 30 years old; and deposit $500 and make 5 eligible card purchases within 30 days of account opening. Eligible card purchases are purchases made using your Westpac debit card linked to your Choice account and excludes ATM transactions and EFTPOS cash out only transactions. If eligible you will receive $50 into your Choice account within 45 days of opening. All account holders on the new Choice account must not hold or have held a Westpac transaction account, or received this offer at any time to be eligible. Offer is limited to one eligible account and is not available in conjunction with any other offer.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of, and PayPassTM is a trademark of, Mastercard International Incorporated.