Westpac Choice Joint Account
Why Westpac Choice joint account?
- You can both get a Debit Mastercard®
Use your Debit Mastercard ®1 to shop securely online, access cash at ATMs and use PayPass™ to tap and go on purchases under $100.
- There’s no Account-Keeping Fee when you deposit at least $2,000 each month
Such as having both your salaries paid into your joint account (other fees apply)
- ATM Network
Pay no withdrawal fee at any major bank ATM in Australia (including Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA) and over 50,000 ATMs globally via the Global ATM Alliance and partner ATMs (other fees may apply) 2
Who can open a joint account?
Both account holders need to be:
- 12 years or older
- Currently living in Australia and have an Australian residential address.
You can make payments with
Card on hold
Can’t find your card? Don’t panic, you can temporarily lock it in seconds with Card on Hold while you search3
Digital Card Security
It’s a digital version of your card available 24/7 in the Westpac App. The 3-digit CVC security number changes daily to ensure your details are kept safe. Find out more
Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
Increase your security when banking online by using your mobile phone to confirm certain transactions via text messages
Safe Online Banking guarantee
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee5 to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|ATM cash withdrawals in Australia (ATM providers may charge a fee – watch out for that!)||$0|
|Overseas Withdrawal Fee from a Global Alliance Partner ATM (for more information on Global Alliance Partners see Accessing your accounts overseas)||$0|
|Overseas Withdrawal Fee from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located outside Australia||3% of the AUD transaction amount|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located in Australia||2.2% of the AUD transaction amount|
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions and consider whether the product or service is right for you. Fees and charges apply and may change.
1. Debit Mastercard: You need to be at least 14 years of age to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
3. Card on hold: Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
4. Google Pay: Read the Google Pay Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. Available for eligible cards. To use Google Pay you will need to use a compatible device with a supported operating system.
5. Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee: Customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of, and PayPassTM is a trademark of, Mastercard International Incorporated.