Westpac 55+ and Retired
Award-winning transaction account*
- Winner of the Canstar 2018 Bank of the Year – Everyday Banking
- Winner of Canstar’s 5-star Rating for Outstanding Value Transaction Account in 2019
- For retirees aged 55 or over and those with concession cards receiving an Australian pension
- Unlimited access across Online Banking, Telephone Banking, Westpac, St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs, eftpos and branches (daily transaction limits apply)
- Earn split interest on balances
- One Westpac 55+ and Retired account per customer
Did you know?
Adding a Debit Mastercard® to your 55+ and Retired Account will allow you to access your own money to make purchases overseas, online and over the phone - at 30 million locations worldwide1.
$0 Monthly service fee
$0 Monthly service fee. Other fees may apply2
Withdraw cash using your phone from any Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM3
Sign in to Mobile Banking simply and securely with just your fingerprint on compatible devices4
Multiple ways to access your bank account and to your money
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Telephone Banking
- Debit Mastercard or Handycard
- Withdraw cash using your phone from any Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM3
- Make purchases with Google Pay™ by simply tapping your mobile at contactless terminals5.
Access your money
No ATM withdrawal fee at any major bank ATM in Australia and over 50,000 ATMs around the world via the Global ATM Alliance and partner ATMs (other fees may apply)2
Link a Westpac Debit Mastercard
A Debit Mastercard linked to your 55+ and Retired account will let you shop online, over the phone in Australia and overseas using your own money. You can also withdraw cash at millions of locations worldwide where Mastercard is accepted. Learn more about Debit Mastercard.
When your Westpac 55+ and Retired account is open
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|Online Banking withdrawal||$0|
|Telephone Banking (automated)||$0|
|Telephone Banking (staff assisted)||$0|
|Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne ATM withdrawal||$0|
|Branch staff assisted withdrawal||$0|
|Periodical payments (Additional fees apply for periodical payments made by bank cheque and international periodical payments)||$0|
|Non-Westpac, St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne ATMs within Australia cash withdrawal or balance enquiry - however the ATM owner may apply an ATM operator fee||$0|
|Dishonour of cheques written or direct debits||$5|
|Periodical payment not made fee||$5|
|Account overdrawn fee||$15|
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Overseas ATM balance enquiry from a Global Alliance Partner ATM||$0|
|Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee||Depends on transaction type - see below|
More on fee free withdrawals
We date each withdrawal when it's debited to your account which may not be the date you actually make it.
Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee
The Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee is payable and will be incorporated into the $AUD transaction amount shown on your statement. The fee charged will either be:
a) 3% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located outside Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 1% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee); or
b) 2.2% of the $AUD transaction amount where a transaction is made in foreign currency and the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located in Australia (comprising of 2% Westpac Processing Fee plus 0.2% Westpac On-Charged Scheme Fee).
Global Alliance Partners
For more information on participating Global Alliance Partners in designated countries, see Accessing your accounts overseas.
Credit Cardholders who currently withdraw money from linked Westpac account via credit card, it is important to know that this functionality may not be available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and/or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®. Go to our Debit Mastercard page or visit a Westpac branch. Terms and Conditions and Fees and charges may apply.
Interest rates p.a.
Interest is calculated daily on your account balance.
|Balances up to $9,999.99||0.15% p.a.
|On the part of the balance between $10,000.00 to $49,999.99||0.40% p.a.|
|On the part of the balance between $50,000.00 to $249,999.99||1.10% p.a.
|On the part of the balance $250,000 or over||1.30% p.a.
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions. Fees and charges apply and may change.
It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®.
* Awarded 2018 Canstar Bank of the Year – Everyday Banking on 11th September 2018
The Canstar Rating was awarded on 17th May 2019 for the Westpac Life product for the Regular Saver profile, for the Westpac Choice product for the High Transactor profile and Youth Transactor profile, and for the Westpac Choice 55+ and Retired product for the Senior Transactor profile.
Who can apply for a Debit Mastercard?
1. Debit Mastercard holders need to be at least 14 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
2. A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected. A list of Global Alliance members is available. It is important to know that the functionality to withdraw money from a linked Westpac account via Credit Card is not available when using overseas ATMs, including Global Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Debit Mastercard®.
3. Cardless cash is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Cardless cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App.
4. Finger print login: Fingerprint sign in is available on compatible devices only. Customers must be registered for Westpac online banking and have set up fingerprint ID to use the service.
5. Google Pay: Read the Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. Available for eligible cards. To use Google Pay you will need to use a compatible device with a supported operating system.
St.George Bank, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne are divisions of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141.
Mastercard® and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.