Bank account with debit card
Why Westpac Choice?
- Get easy access to your money with a Debit Mastercard®
Use your Debit Mastercard 1 to shop securely online, access cash at ATMs and use PayPass™ to tap and go on purchases under $100
- Breathe easy knowing your money is safe
Shop securely with your debit card. We’ve got your back with 24/7 fraud monitoring and our Fraud Money Back Guarantee 2
- Manage your money on the go with our Mobile Banking App
The Westpac Mobile Banking App is an easy, secure and convenient way to take your bank with you wherever you go and with more than 100 features it can help you look after your money in more ways than you’d expect
You can make payments with
Card on hold
Can’t find your card? Don’t panic, you can temporarily lock it in seconds with Card on Hold while you search3
Digital Card Security
It’s a digital version of your card available 24/7 in the Westpac App. The 3-digit CVC security number changes daily to ensure your details are kept safe. Find out more
Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
Increase your security when banking online by using your mobile phone to confirm certain transactions via text messages
Safe Online Banking guarantee
If your Westpac account is compromised as a result of Internet fraud, we guarantee to repay any missing funds, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms and Conditions
Features designed to put you in control
Your Westpac Choice account has the features you need to make managing your money a breeze
Get up to 2.5% p.a. variable interest on your savings
When you grow your savings with a Westpac Life account and make 5 eligible purchases with a debit card linked to your Choice account each month
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Amount|
|ATM cash withdrawals in Australia (ATM providers may charge a fee – watch out for that!)||$0|
|Overseas Withdrawal Fee from a Global Alliance Partner ATM (for more information on Global Alliance Partners see Accessing your accounts overseas)||$0|
|Overseas Withdrawal Fee from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM||$5|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located outside Australia||3% of the AUD transaction amount|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located in Australia||2.2% of the AUD transaction amount|
Things you should know
Before making a decision about any of our products or services, please read all the terms and conditions and consider whether the product or service is right for you. Fees and charges apply and may change.
2. Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee: ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions, provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Westpac promptly. Refer to the Westpac Debit Mastercard Terms and Conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
3. Card on hold: Available on personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards only. Cards to which a temporary lock can be applied will be listed when you sign in to Mobile Banking or Online Banking and visit Lock a card temporarily under Cards services.
4. Partner offers are subject to Terms and Conditions and may be varied or change at any time. Images are shown for illustrative purposes only.
5. Cardless cash: is available on eligible Westpac transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Get Cash limit of 3 withdrawals per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile you must be registered to use Westpac Online Banking and download the Westpac Mobile Banking App. To use Westpac Mobile Banking on Apple Watch you’ll need to pair your Apple Watch with an iPhone 5 or above with iOS 8.2 or above. You’ll also need the Westpac Mobile Banking app (version 6.1 or above) installed on your iPhone.
6. Global ATM: A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit card withdrawals. A list of Global Alliance members is available. To ensure access to savings and/or cheque account funds when overseas obtain a Debit Mastercard®.
Read the before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.